PDA

View Full Version : How often do you eat out?

MrLeN
March 30th, 2009, 12:04 PM
Do you eat out practically every day, whether it's at a restaurant -- or some takeaway place? Or do you eats mostly home cooked meals?

Do you do grocery shopping for food that you need to cook, or do you simply buy snacks and drinks, so that you have something to stuff in your face when you're at home?

Bölvağur
March 30th, 2009, 12:13 PM
Since August last year I have eaten at a (junkfood) restaurant about 4 times and gone few times to the bakery on breaks.
I mostly cook my own food and have good supplies of meat in the refrigerator. I almost never have prepared food, like frozen pizza, "put it in the oven" or "pour hot water over it" kind of food.

JackieChan
March 30th, 2009, 12:19 PM
I always eat out. I wish I would start doing it less.

mobilediesel
March 30th, 2009, 12:20 PM
I cook at home daily. Saturday night I made pizza. Starting with flour and water and yeast to make the dough. I can't think of anything pre-packaged/prepared that I buy. I make everything.

chriskin
March 30th, 2009, 12:25 PM
i eat at home 5 or 6 times a week and the rest 2 or 1 at a pub

kellemes
March 30th, 2009, 12:32 PM
Having a kid of 20 months I hardly eat out anymore.
I mostly cook myself, it's much cheaper, a healthy meal shouldn't have to cost more then a couple of Euro and is generaly done within 20 minutes or so.. Restaurants often don't cook healthy meals and it's very expensive.
And.. cooking is fun.

chriskin
March 30th, 2009, 12:37 PM
Having a kid of 20 months I hardly eat out anymore.
I mostly cook myself, it's much cheaper, a healthy meal shouldn't have to cost more then a couple of Euro and is generaly done within 20 minutes or so.. Restaurants often don't cook healthy meals and it's very expensive.
And.. cooking is fun.

i agree but isn't going out to a restaurant something special?
i don't mean a too expensive restaurant, you can get a decent meal for less than 15 euros, or even less to be honest

HavocXphere
March 30th, 2009, 12:39 PM
Home food ~95% of the time.

Plus I've noticed recently that the quality of take-aways is not too good. Half-raw burger meat eeewww.:shock:

Restaurants are usually quite good though.:) But if one goes too often then it looses its appeal.

tdrusk
March 30th, 2009, 12:42 PM
I eat at restaurants and pay for it about 5% of the time I eat.

I work at a restaurant, so unless the void has oddities to me(Mexican, Chinese, etc), I probably won't feel the need to go. I usually never pay when I do go out to eat, although last week I split some General Tso's chicken.

I prefer to save money and eat at home.

azkehmm
March 30th, 2009, 12:43 PM
Being the hippie I am, I eat at home and cook the majority of my food myself. I try to avoid processed foods because I believe the more you make yourself, the less chemicals you get. Not that chemicals nesecarily are bad, but well, I like to know what I stuff my face with :).
At special ocations I/we go to a restaurant and burn off a few 100€ on something more exclusive than I can cook.

gnomeuser
March 30th, 2009, 12:50 PM
Options B and D are the same in essence.

chriskin
March 30th, 2009, 12:51 PM
Options B and D are the same in essence.

i can't agree

B means that you eat out some times and it is just rare
D means it is a miracle if you ever eat out

spupy
March 30th, 2009, 01:20 PM
Mo-Fri I eat lunch and almost always dinner at the university cantina. I rarely cook at home, because I have no time and will. It is mostly weekend when I prepare/cook something at home.

billgoldberg
March 30th, 2009, 01:52 PM
I dislike restaurants, I haven't been at one in years.

I eat takeaway maybe once a month, the rest is home made.

earthpigg
March 30th, 2009, 01:53 PM
whenever she lets me.

its yummy.

suitedaces
March 30th, 2009, 02:01 PM
When I'm up at uni with the other half, i try to take her out at least once a week, but we cook for each other most of the time. Back at home I sometimes grab a takeaway after work, but other than that I just enjoy the home cooking! (and laundry, and cleaning... :p)

PuddingKnife
March 30th, 2009, 02:02 PM
whenever she lets me.

Its yummy.

boosh

samjh
March 30th, 2009, 02:04 PM
Home 90%
Takeaway 5%
Eat out 5%

Johnsie
March 30th, 2009, 02:05 PM
Every day at least twice. I eat a fry at 10:30 and buy sandwiches at lunch time.

Sometimes I would eat fast food for dinner but I prefer healthy stuff because I usually feel guilty about eating the fry.

Daisuke_Aramaki
March 30th, 2009, 02:12 PM
mostly at home! visit my favorite japanese restaurant once every week, for a sushi fix. i suck making sushi at home! :(

s.fox
March 30th, 2009, 02:12 PM
Prior to the recession I used to eat once a week with MSO. Now we just eat out once a fortnight. Not really an issue because we both love cooking.

kellemes
March 30th, 2009, 03:51 PM
i agree but isn't going out to a restaurant something special?
i don't mean a too expensive restaurant, you can get a decent meal for less than 15 euros, or even less to be honest

True.. so on occasion we do eat out, ones a month or so.. and I'm sure our son will some day want to have some "Happy Meal", nothing wrong with that.

The great thing is by the way, because we tend to cook our own meals, this little boy favorite meals doesn't include the typical fast food meals.
A lot of kids around us hate vegetables but this one literally jumps up and down when we serve him something like Broccoli (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broccoli).

Well, maybe he's mentally ill ;-)

mips
March 30th, 2009, 04:40 PM
A lot of kids around us hate vegetables but this one literally jumps up and down when we serve him something like Broccoli (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broccoli).

Well, maybe he's mentally ill ;-)

Broccoli is lovely, nothing wrong with your kid :)

My friends kid also loves broccoli, she eats it like sweets/candy.

Vorian Grey
March 30th, 2009, 05:11 PM
The wife and I eat out about the same as we ever did....which is a couple of times a week. We both work and it's hard to cook something every night.

Simian Man
March 30th, 2009, 05:17 PM
whenever she lets me.

its yummy.

Nice :).