PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] lightscribe not in menu

AndyP79
March 29th, 2009, 05:28 PM
Hi All,
Okay, my first question was about installing the lightscribe .deb package, but I found the answer to installing it after saving it first. Now....how do I get it to show up in my menu?

Lisa Y
March 29th, 2009, 05:32 PM
Hello,

You can add it to your menu,

System> Pref> Main Menu

You can place a check mark there, OR you can Add a new entry.

AndyP79
March 29th, 2009, 05:44 PM
Hello,

You can add it to your menu,

System> Pref> Main Menu

You can place a check mark there, OR you can Add a new entry.

Okay, it is not in the Main Menu, so, I guess I have to put in a new entry. How do I know what the command is? I downloaded 2 .deb packages. one was lightscribe the other was lightscribe applications. Are these the commands as well as the name?

Sarai the Geek
March 29th, 2009, 06:27 PM
Okay, it is not in the Main Menu, so, I guess I have to put in a new entry. How do I know what the command is? I downloaded 2 .deb packages. one was lightscribe the other was lightscribe applications. Are these the commands as well as the name?

There are instructions about how to setup the SimpleLabeller software here: http://www.ubuntugeek.com/installing-lightscribe-simple-labeler.html
However I believe those instructions are written for a prior version of Ubuntu, they're not terribly clear. Here's what to do.
1. Right click on the ubuntu logo in your gnome panel and select edit menus
2. In the left side bar that appears, click Accessories
3. Click the New Item button
4.Enter the following things into the dialogue box:
Name: LightScribe (Simple)
Command: /opt/lightscribeApplications/SimpleLabeler/SimpleLabeler
Comment: Simple CD/DVD Labeler
5. Click the little spring icon off to the side and enter this:
/opt/lightscribeApplications/SimpleLabeler/content/images/LabelWizardIcon.png

Save it and you're done!
Cheers-

AndyP79
March 29th, 2009, 07:31 PM
There are instructions about how to setup the SimpleLabeller software here: http://www.ubuntugeek.com/installing-lightscribe-simple-labeler.html
However I believe those instructions are written for a prior version of Ubuntu, they're not terribly clear. Here's what to do.
1. Right click on the ubuntu logo in your gnome panel and select edit menus
2. In the left side bar that appears, click Accessories
3. Click the New Item button
4.Enter the following things into the dialogue box:
Name: LightScribe (Simple)
Command: /opt/lightscribeApplications/SimpleLabeler/SimpleLabeler
Comment: Simple CD/DVD Labeler
5. Click the little spring icon off to the side and enter this:
/opt/lightscribeApplications/SimpleLabeler/content/images/LabelWizardIcon.png

Save it and you're done!
Cheers-

Cool, this worked, thanks. I went ahead and copy and pasted it into a OO file, as I have been doing for lots of stuff these days so when I reload I can always go back and redo without spending weeks finding it on here.
Thanks Again

Sarai the Geek
March 29th, 2009, 07:56 PM
Cool, this worked, thanks. I went ahead and copy and pasted it into a OO file, as I have been doing for lots of stuff these days so when I reload I can always go back and redo without spending weeks finding it on here.
Thanks Again

Ah yes, I have a similar set of files. It's an excellent way to keep track of obscure commands and such. :)