PDA

View Full Version : hi all i've problem with ubuntu 8.10

rullos
March 29th, 2009, 01:57 PM
i can't install ubuntu 8.10 on my laptop acer aspire 5052 . i'll use all version 8.10 8.04 . i try instlled and aparve only write ubuntu and stop. nothing else. somebody can help me. i've another laptop acer5520with ubuntu and i don't have any problem .
caind reguard
rullos

perrti-y02
March 29th, 2009, 02:02 PM
It may well be a faulty burn of the image. Try burning on a different machine (my machine has a rubbish cd drive so doesn't burn properly) and then try installing. Does it install the base system and nothing more? or does it not even get that far?

hyper_ch
March 29th, 2009, 02:40 PM
It is advised to use a descriptive topic title, that means a topic title that gives some clue about the content in the thread itself...

A generic topic title like "noob here" or "need help" does not help at all. As you may have noticed, just about everyone posting in here has some kind of a problem or issue or question ;)

And it is also adviced to use seperate threads for unrelated problems so that you can mark each one individually as solved.

Or in short terms: Help others to help you ;)

See the forums policy, especially section II.2: http://ubuntuforums.org/index.php?page=policy

Also, when you are asked to post output from (config) files or from a command, use
brackets around (each) output. That makes it also easier to read.

Naz_Farooq
March 29th, 2009, 02:48 PM
Try a different disk. I had the same problem with my laptop but I recovered soon as I got a fresh iso image and burn it to a CD from www.ubuntu.com
Try changing CD Rom as well

24*7
March 29th, 2009, 02:51 PM
Search for the answers to the following questions:

1) Check for CD errors (welcome screen of Ubuntu installation CD)
2) Is your laptop compatible with Ubuntu live CD?