PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Has Envyng dissapeared?

Garratt
March 29th, 2009, 08:28 AM
I'm doing a fresh install and just tried to install envyng after doing updates, then enabling restricted, universe, and multiverse repos, then doing another install update. That seemed to work fine however when i typed:

gunit@gunit-Pc:~$ sudo apt-get install envyng
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Couldn't find package envyng
gunit@gunit-Pc:~$

I went to the website to check if any info has changed etc.. but nothing seems to have.
http://albertomilone.com/envyngfaq.html#A

Has anyone used this lately or have any idea if there is currently a better way to install geforce drivers?? From memory this was the best and easiest way simply install -> run -> perfect graphics fix every time.

Garratt
March 29th, 2009, 08:43 AM
nevermind I just broke ubuntu can't even use synaptic anymore

E: Malformed line 56 in source list /etc/apt/sources.list (dist parse)
E: The list of sources could not be read.
Go to the repository dialog to correct the problem.
E: _cache->open() failed, please report.

time to download intrepid and do another reinstall >.<

overdrank
March 29th, 2009, 11:54 AM
There is a error in that line of the /etc/apt/sources.list. Find it a correct it not need to reinstall.

Garratt
March 30th, 2009, 09:25 AM
Yea I found that and fixed it and then decided to install intrepid anyway.

Intrepid came up with a restricted driver list which is a first for ubuntu, that has never happened before, so i installed the 177 nvidia driver and now i AM STUCK in 1024x768

I have tried the screen resolution settings it does absolutely nothing, even the help button on the settings window does not work, so I used the Nvidia X Server Settings to change resolution but the highest i can go is: 1360x768 and it looks very lop sided the only resolution that looks good is---->

The resolution I should be running at 1400x900 and prior to reformat Ubuntu was running this.