PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Creating a music-jukebox

mjr2k
March 29th, 2009, 04:50 AM
Here's my situation:

I have a CD collection that makes 80GB Ipods drop their jaws. All of my music is on this one drive (which houses Gnome, RhythmBox, and some other small things that I use)

I'm currently using Heron and RhythmBox to keep it all organized (just looks like Winamp). I'm also using EasyTAG 2.1.4 to keep the ID3's straight. I have noticed that whenever I try and import a new CD into my collection, RhyBox doesn't always import the new CD's in. They show up in File Explorer (or whatever it's called).

Can anyone else suggest a good/better music management application for my needs (has to be able to search through a library of music)? I tried to use Synaptic to find an alternative, but many of them just let you play audio files but not catalog them.

Any guidance would be much appreciated!

ronocdh
March 29th, 2009, 05:04 AM
Have you tried Amarok? It is the best option I have ever found for music management. Only downside is that it does not have ripping capabilities, but I can easily overlook that.

I generally use Asunder to rip, but certainly you have your preferences there already. =)

mjr2k
March 29th, 2009, 02:37 PM
Have you tried Amarok? It is the best option I have ever found for music management. Only downside is that it does not have ripping capabilities, but I can easily overlook that.

I generally use Asunder to rip, but certainly you have your preferences there already. =)

Thanks for the reply! I just looked up Amarok under SPM and installed it. Since I have to leave for work here in a few minutes I will have to wait until after work to check out Amarok, but I'll let you know how this thing goes.