PDA

View Full Version : [other] Gtk-window-decorator - possible to have no title bar?

HyperHacker
March 28th, 2009, 09:48 PM
I'm using the gtk-window-decorator with Compiz Fusion and I'd like to try having windows with no title bar. I have a gaming mouse with some crazy number of buttons, and I've bound them to actions like move, resize, window menu, etc, and the taskbar shows the titles (in full in a tooltip if necessary), so I often have no need for the title bars.

The only way I can see to do this is to disable the window decoration plugin entirely, but then there's no visual indication of which window has focus. Is there a theme that just has a one-pixel black border around the entire window, that turns some bright colour when the window has focus? Maybe even showing the title bar only when in focus?

mcduck
March 28th, 2009, 10:22 PM
I know there are such themes for Emerald, but I can't really remember seeing any Metacity themes like that.

HyperHacker
March 29th, 2009, 09:03 AM
I could try Emerald, but I used it before and found most of the themes were much too large and flashy for my liking. Do you know the name of that one?

mcduck
March 29th, 2009, 09:11 AM
I could try Emerald, but I used it before and found most of the themes were much too large and flashy for my liking. Do you know the name of that one?

I didn't have any specific theme in mind, I've just seen many themes like that. Besides, it comes with Emerald Theme Manager which allows you to make a theme like that in about 5 minutes if you can't find any you like.