PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Wireless ICS with 360, small problem.

Axis
March 28th, 2009, 09:37 AM
I was following this tutorial

http://www.linuxquestions.org/linux/answers/Networking/Connecting_to_XBox_Live_through_a_linux_computer_c onnected_to_a_wireless_LAN

and everything worked perfectly the first time around. I actually got on xbox live and played for a little while (around 2 hours).

Then I shut off the PC because I was doing something else, when I turned it back on I knew it wouldn't work immediately so I ran the same commands over, except this time now my 360 wont connect to live..?

I have tried all of the different start scripts in different locations and nothing seems to be helping me. I may get one step closer but it never completely works (i.e. right now I'm getting an error stating that it cannot connect to the DNS server, even though I have yet to change my DNS settings, which are manual, and I can log into my router just fine)

My current script looks like this

sudo ifconfig eth0 up
sudo ifconfig eth0 192.168.2.1
sudo echo "1" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o wlan0 -s 192.168.2.0/24 -j MASQUERADE

It looks slightly altered because I have been trying different things in hope of solving the problem.

And yes my script is set as executable.

Any help guys?

Thanks,
Axis

superprash2003
March 28th, 2009, 01:16 PM
post output of ifconfig from the terminal..also post output of sudo iptables -L

Axis
March 28th, 2009, 04:24 PM
AHA!

Luckily your asking me to post ifconfig solved my problem!

My script said..

iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o wlan0 -s 192.168.2.0/24 -j MASQUERADE

When I got my ifconfig I noticed I don't have wlan0, but I in fact have wlan1!

So I replaced wlan0 with wlan1, woke up eth0 and gave it its ip address again, and viola xbox live works again!!

Thanks for your help