PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Issues with multiple System Monitor applets

stderr
March 27th, 2009, 11:46 PM
Minor issue, I'm just wondering if anyone else is experiencing it (it seems to have persisted on my box from Hardy to Intrepid, and Hardy was just when I noticed it).

If you have multiple monitors, it somewhat makes sense to have more than one system monitor applet on more than one panel. E.g. I have one system monitor applet on each monitor. Great for monitoring your system whilst playing fullscreen games, etc.

This is absolutely fine if you just use e.g. the CPU and Memory parts of the sys mon applet. If you add network and hard drive sections (and possibly others) to both, you may notice that the network and hard drive data only updates on one of the applets, or that the updates are incorrect.

The images should give you a good appreciation: each image shows the top of my screen with both applets.

Any other experiences of this? Moreover, does anybody know why this is happening?

Cheers

NB: The sys mons display the following details (in this order): CPU, Memory, Network, Hard Drive

stderr
March 29th, 2009, 06:54 AM
It would appear to make no difference whether the 2+ sys monitor applets are on different panels or the same panel.

CPU = same
RAM = same
Net = different or only one applet updates
Swap ? I don't use any
Load = same
HDD = different or only one applet updates

stderr
April 3rd, 2009, 05:38 AM
ace@ace1:~$ ping "anyone with the same issue"