PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] browse my music library by folder

harmsc12
March 27th, 2009, 06:19 PM
I'm using rhythmbox to play music, and it works very well. The only problem is if I want to only play music in a specific folder after adding all my songs to the library, I have to manually remove the other songs from the library one by one. Is there any way I can tell it to play just a specific subfolder without all the headache?

SHENGTON
March 27th, 2009, 06:56 PM
Hi harmsc12, good morning. :)

Have you tried making playlist? Just make your own Playlist thing and add those songs that you want into your Playlist.

Take care and God bless. :)

harmsc12
March 27th, 2009, 06:58 PM
Can I make an auto playlist to monitor specific folders or will I need to manually add new songs to my playlist?

SHENGTON
March 27th, 2009, 07:13 PM
Can I make an auto playlist to monitor specific folders
What do you mean about this harmsc12?

harmsc12
March 27th, 2009, 07:21 PM
I mean the program has a feature called auto playlist that is supposed to automatically update your playlist when new songs come in that fit a given criteria. I have my music sorted into two different folders. I want to, by way of an automatic playlist or some other easy means, be able to play one folder only, the other folder only, or both at the same time at my discretion with as few mouse clicks involved as possible. Rhythmbox has no obvious way of doing that.