PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] [VLC,Mplayer,Totem or any mediaplayer] in play .DivX files> can't show with Subtitle

Vahids
March 26th, 2009, 01:16 PM
i try to play DivX movies (.divx) but, when i try to set subtitle of the movie in mpayer when right click >> Video >> Track >> track 2 ::> i have this Error:
Code:

Cannot find codec matching selected -vo and video format 0x42535844.

and in VLC i have this Error:
Code:

main decoder error: no suitable decoder module for fourcc `DXSB'.
VLC probably does not support this sound or video format.

in smplayer when i set track 2 of video just play audio without video

*** My .divx movies had a hard subtitle in .dix file ! noting srt OR idx or any subtitle file exist,
just a .divx file, this file can had more than 1 subtitle whit herself!!!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Come on MAN, help me! Please. it's just my problem in linux! i didn't have like this problem in WINDOW$ please help me!

aeiah
March 26th, 2009, 03:45 PM
im not really familair with .divx. its not used very often from my experience. you might find it easier to extract the subtitles out of the divx container

mortasa
March 26th, 2009, 04:22 PM
Setting srt subtitle file in out side of the .divx file with same name of video file is working for me well. MPlayers' subtitle font is coming very large. But it is working well with vlc player. You better try this way.
:guitar:

Vahids
March 27th, 2009, 01:56 AM
i need a way to see subtitle of .divx move not any other subtitle! no way ?!!!! :(
i love ubuntu, but this problem F#CKED ME!!!!!!!!!! :((

hatalar205
April 25th, 2009, 09:47 PM
First follow the steps in following link and install necessary codecs.
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Medibuntu

Next, install "smplayer"
and (as the smplayer version in repos are really old) follow the steps in this link
https://launchpad.net/~rvm/+archive

Update your system.

When I had 8.10 Intrepid Ibex, I could watch any kind of films in different formats with subtitles.