PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How can I display subtitles on Xbox 360 through ushare

calcio1
March 25th, 2009, 01:55 AM
I have a lot of foreign films with 'soft' (.srt .idx) subtitles.

How can I display them through ushare?

I tried a windows program called aviaddxsub or something like that but it doesn't seem to work

I have seen people mention you can make 'hard-coded' subs but I believe that entails re-encoding the whole file which takes hours, no?

I have searched and searched to no avail.

Surely someone has a solution for this?

Thanks very much

Jim

jr72
April 9th, 2009, 10:43 PM
Sorry to get your hopes up, but I've just been searching for the same solution...

From what I gather, the only option is to hard code the subtitles to the movie (ie use a re-encoding app)

However I just found a recommendation for this *Windows* app:
http://userxp.tripod.com/sub2divx.htm

The guy quoting the above said a 2hr film would encode in about 10mins, but I haven't tried this myself yet

If Wine can run this then woot! Otherwise, unless you are already running this, then the other option would be to use something like Sun's VirtualBox to run a virtual WinXP box and do it from there... bit long winded tho.... there must be something on linux to do this... anyone?

yirgen
July 24th, 2009, 11:54 PM
Hey there!

Any new info on this? I had the same problem earlier in Windows with TVersity - the subs were not really working - and it took ages to really get to that conclusion.

So, any news on this for Linux ?

Thanks!