PDA

View Full Version : GIMP Script which GREATLY reduces animation effort

Dwood15
March 20th, 2009, 12:37 AM
One of the problems with Animation in Gimp is the difficulty with which to animate. PLUS the fact that you don't get to work with layers in the conventional sense like you can in almost any other image editor.

The script is @ GIMP animation script (http://dwood15.deviantart.com/art/Haunted-Emote-Tutorialdownload-116058972)

The actual script is in the comments section.

The Gimp design needs improvements however I think that script is a good start!

If only it had an option to preload every frames' frame rate. And Gimp had the ability to use folders.

Thoughts?

Izek
March 21st, 2009, 04:42 AM
I actually like the Animation Export System that GIMP currently has, and I use Windows!

Dwood15
March 23rd, 2009, 11:00 PM
I actually like the Animation Export System that GIMP currently has, and I use Windows!

Have you tried to use multiple layers with individual frames?

Izek
March 25th, 2009, 06:24 AM
Have you tried to use multiple layers with individual frames?

Each layer is a frame in my case, it goes from frame 1 (the last layer on the list) to the last frame (at the top of the list)

works well, and allows me to delay the time between each frame (but not each frame separately like Photoshop's animation thing.) When I want to delay a single frame out of all the frames, I just dupe the frame/layer I want delayed for several layers above itself. This is actually how I want it to work in a sense. (Photoshop's Treat Frames as layers is really annoying.)

Dwood15
March 25th, 2009, 11:08 PM
Each layer is a frame in my case, it goes from frame 1 (the last layer on the list) to the last frame (at the top of the list)

works well, and allows me to delay the time between each frame (but not each frame separately like Photoshop's animation thing.) When I want to delay a single frame out of all the frames, I just dupe the frame/layer I want delayed for several layers above itself. This is actually how I want it to work in a sense. (Photoshop's Treat Frames as layers is really annoying.)

Ah I have no problem with that but what if you want multiple layers per frame? This is especially annoying and difficult when you get to advanced animating in GIMP.

http://cookiemagik.deviantart.com/

You can't do animations with that much detail as the person above does without multiple layers possible in frames. This is why I suggest Gimp allow the use of Folders as well. My script would actually help a lot of people who animate like that.

Izek
March 26th, 2009, 02:56 PM
For big stuff like that, I use Flash CS3, which I bought almost a year ago. Problem is, it can't run in Wine, so I stick with Windows due to that.

Now if some god or goddess were to finish F4L...