PDA

View Full Version : I cant sleep...totally wide awake...

tazz4vr
March 19th, 2009, 09:22 AM
Have you ever found yourself so wound up, a bit tired, but yet feeling wide awake...I guess this is what is referred to as 'second wind'...

I returned home about 40 minutes ago from attending a District Concert that my daughter was in, totally totally awesome rendition of Star Wars and Indiana Jones theme songs were the finale of the night...I'm still so jazzed and impressed that these kids, including my daughter are so good.

And then my youngest son has made it to the State Championships for wrestling, so will be spending another day of driving and a full weekend in Fresno during this tournament. I am so jazzed about him making it this far....

Hyperventalating mom here....breathe, breathe...

nelskurian
March 19th, 2009, 09:48 AM
You need a Carafe of Ubunu than Just 5 Cups :popcorn:

JackieChan
March 19th, 2009, 12:40 PM
I've only slept three hours in two days. I'm sitting here in my Web Design class feeling out of body. :(

gaffurabi
March 19th, 2009, 01:17 PM
it is almost part of my regular life, for a guy like me who doesn't have a proper biological clock :)

i know sleeping irregularities cause lotsa health troubles, but i just cant seem to adjust it. i lasted 6 months in my prevoius job, was almost getting fired :mrgreen:

tazz4vr
March 20th, 2009, 02:42 AM
I think I got about 3 hrs total sleep, and now i'm pretty much draggin! coffee coffee coffee! I've got to revamp for tomorrows drive, oh boy! Do they still make/sell Jolt Cola?

pwnst*r
March 20th, 2009, 02:44 AM
I've only slept three hours in two days. I'm sitting here in my Web Design class feeling out of body. :(

i suggest a doctor.

smartboyathome
March 20th, 2009, 02:46 AM
I usually have the opposite problem, I can get to sleep just fine, but if I wake up again, I usually aren't tired enough to get back to sleep.

bsharp
March 20th, 2009, 03:25 AM
I'm pretty jazzed too. I know I won't sleep tonight because I'm going to add a Soviet Mosin-Nagant (serial number 33!!) to my collection tomorrow.

gletob
March 20th, 2009, 03:42 AM
When I get home from school I'm sleepy, but I can't take a nap because if I do then I'll lie in bed until one or two awake. Then I'll be tired the next day.

Dr Small
March 20th, 2009, 03:55 AM
Drink moar coffee!

Onyros
March 20th, 2009, 03:57 AM
I only sleep around 2/3 hours per night, normally. I usually work all night, and go to bed at 7h30 to cuddle up with my 16 months old kid for a couple of hours.

I haven't sleep since yesterday, but I'm pretty much used to it, by now.

I once was a much worse insomniac, spent many days on a row without sleeping, until I did feel out of body.

Had an incredible car accident because of that, I was going to buy some coffee, ironically. Sent my car flying over a vineyard, not before doing two and a half loops and landing upside down. Only got a torn ACL out of that.

If I try going to bed before I'm exhausted, my mind won't let me wind down and I'll just quit because I'm not resting at all - so I go and spend that time doing something productive, instead. Even when I'm exhausted it usually takes me some time before I do fall asleep.

And yeah, I know it may not be healthy and the reason why at 30 I have my share of white hair but I once tried medication... and quickly became a zombie. :P

kavon89
March 20th, 2009, 04:03 AM
I feel much more refreshed and alive in the morning when I only sleep for 2-4 hours. If I get more than that I just feel sleepy and tired the rest of the day. :(

Chemical Imbalance
March 20th, 2009, 04:05 AM
My favorite is Monster energy drink--its great!

kk0sse54
March 20th, 2009, 04:08 AM
I usually sleep about 6 hours but those days when I can't fall asleep some nice Jazz usually does the trick :)

Changturkey
March 20th, 2009, 05:03 AM
Run 10km.

tazz4vr
March 20th, 2009, 09:02 AM
Okay, my sleep fairy has apparantly jumped ship on me....this is crazy! It's after 1am, im awake and eating a left over hamburger because being awake, im now hungry!

s.fox
March 20th, 2009, 10:16 AM
I managed to get 4 hours last night. A little worse than usual. :(

Eisenwinter
March 20th, 2009, 10:34 AM
Get drunk. I know it always puts me to sleep.

But seriously, you can't sleep if you're trying to sleep, why?

because sleeping is about relaxing, you just lay down, become relaxed, and fall asleep.

Trying to sleep is doing something, you're creating tension, and therefore can't relax and fall asleep.

s.fox
March 20th, 2009, 10:39 AM
I think its because I know I have to get up early the next morning. My mind keeps playing on the things I have to do.

MaindotC
March 22nd, 2009, 10:24 AM
I can't sleep either - see my most recent post aside from this. I just made a stunning realization - an ephiphany of sorts - about Star Wars. I just realized that in the days of death stars and high-tech cruisers flying through space and video transmissions across galaxies, Princess Lea's ship was carrying the plans to the death star - the schematics - and she could have just compressed the files into a .zip file and emailed them to the rebel base!

tazz4vr
March 27th, 2009, 09:38 PM
Well I survived the lack of sleep and the Wrestling Tourne...It was an extremely long weekend, so caught up on all the lost sleep from last week this week. The tourne's went from 7-7:30am until well after 9pm, so the whole weekend was a task of not only keeping ourselves awake, but keeping the kids in a positive frame of mind during the long drawn out days. It was a great time for me, so proud of my son and the rest of the kids, they did awesome.