PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard volume buttons not working

Mazen
March 19th, 2009, 06:13 AM
I'm using 9.04 and the keyboard shortcuts were working fine but stoped after to an update.
when i press the volume buttons i see the notification popup but it doesn't change the sound, is there a way to edit what the buttons control?
Thanks

cariboo907
March 19th, 2009, 06:51 PM
I've asked the mods to move this to the Jaunty, as you will probably get better help there. It sounds like your problem is more audio related then a keyboard problem.

Jim

bapoumba
March 19th, 2009, 07:03 PM
So moved, thanks cariboo907 :)

CrashTest71
April 7th, 2009, 06:41 AM
I've got the same problem. Push the Volume up/down, or Mute, (any of my media keys) on my keyboard the on-screen notify pops up and changes state, but the actual sound volume does not change.

Am I the only one? I can't find any bug report for it.

CrashTest71
April 8th, 2009, 01:41 AM
Do the keyboard media keys work for other Jaunty users?

eluminx
April 8th, 2009, 01:46 AM
i got the same problem but when i look at my volume slide on the volume properties it seems like the slider doesn't go all the way down, but on the notification pop up it does. In other words when i use my volume keys the slider (on the volume properties) moves, but it gets gets to about 25% low volume and then if i press the down volume one more time it mutes the audio. But if i move the slider with the mouse once i get to that 25% and i keep moving it with the mouse the volume then starts to get lower.

Hopefully this makes sense. One more thing, if i use my volume keys for the rest of that 75% or "loud" volume the audio is not affected at all. So the only two options i have when using my keys is audio or mute.

robinl
April 8th, 2009, 01:47 AM
Works fine on fine.

Languid Heap
April 8th, 2009, 02:38 AM
I'm using 9.04 and the keyboard shortcuts were working fine but stoped after to an update.
when i press the volume buttons i see the notification popup but it doesn't change the sound, is there a way to edit what the buttons control?
Thanks

Try:

System > Preferences > Sound > Device Tab

Then at the bottom under "Default Mixer Tracks", make sure one of the tracks is highlighted (for example Master or PCM). I had the same problem and realized that somewhere along the way, I had un-selected a track in this window.

Otherwise, try:

System > Preferences > Keyboard Shortcuts

Good Luck!

CrashTest71
April 8th, 2009, 02:49 AM
Try:

System > Preferences > Sound > Device Tab

Then at the bottom under "Default Mixer Tracks", make sure one of the tracks is highlighted (for example Master or PCM). I had the same problem and realized that somewhere along the way, I had un-selected a track in this window.

Cheers! That fixed it for me.

Changed it to the Alsa mixer device and chose the Master track. Now Volume up/down and Mute work.

Cheers again. :D