PDA

View Full Version : New boot splash screen

lachild
March 18th, 2009, 11:39 PM
I just updated the system and restarted. I was pleasently greeted with a new boot splash screen.

As I know the devs are reading these messages, I wanted just wanted to say I love the new boot screen as well as the new login screens. I hope they make it to release. ::fingers crossed::

Keep up the good work \\:D/

exploder
March 18th, 2009, 11:41 PM
The new usplash looks nice and it has style!

go7Ul1ai
March 19th, 2009, 12:44 AM
Sorry guys but we've had like one or two other threads on this hours and hours ago but yeah, they are awesome :)

Bert MariŽn
March 21st, 2009, 04:04 PM
Like it as well.

v.proch
April 5th, 2009, 12:03 PM
I like it too, but on high-resolution displays it looks too tiny. Couldn't there be a version with a bit bigger logo?

MacUntu
April 5th, 2009, 12:11 PM
I like it too, but on high-resolution displays it looks too tiny. Couldn't there be a version with a bit bigger logo?

Does the content of /etc/usplash.conf correspond to your display's native resolution?

phenest
April 5th, 2009, 12:28 PM
I've had to change the display scaling in the BIOS so I can see it. I'm running 1920x1200 native.

I don't see what there is to like or dislike. It's the same as the last one, only much smaller.

What was the point in making it smaller?

MacUntu
April 5th, 2009, 12:56 PM
I've had to change the display scaling in the BIOS so I can see it. I'm running 1920x1200 native.

I don't see what there is to like or dislike. It's the same as the last one, only much smaller.

What was the point in making it smaller?

The point was not to have to provide tons of pictures for every resolution. Now there are only three logo sizes that should be choosen according to your display's resolution. If it's too small then maybe Usplash chooses the wrong logo. Download the sources of usplash-theme-ubuntu and check out the logo sizes.

phenest
April 5th, 2009, 03:19 PM
The point was not to have to provide tons of pictures for every resolution. Now there are only three logo sizes that should be choosen according to your display's resolution. If it's too small then maybe Usplash chooses the wrong logo. Download the sources of usplash-theme-ubuntu and check out the logo sizes.

Ah! Ok, I didn't realise that. I changed the resolution, and got a bigger logo.

biji
April 5th, 2009, 04:53 PM
yup.. small progress bar make it elegant

wpf999
April 5th, 2009, 07:14 PM
I just updated the system and restarted. I was pleasently greeted with a new boot splash screen.

As I know the devs are reading these messages, I wanted just wanted to say I love the new boot screen as well as the new login screens. I hope they make it to release. ::fingers crossed::

Keep up the good work \\:D/

Same here. Loving the new boot and login screens. Classy!