PDA

View Full Version : Craigslist

gletob
March 16th, 2009, 03:31 AM
I want a feature on craigslist called "Bad deal" where you could vote something as a bad or very bad deal.

This is an example of a very bad deal.
http://richmond.craigslist.org/sys/1076510026.html

A blazing fast computer with a 600Mhz Intel Celeron Processor, 64 Mb of Ram, 6 Gb Hard drive, Windows ME, and a CD-ROM drive all for the low low price of $250. OMG I'm buying it!

Kingsley
March 16th, 2009, 03:35 AM
It's the buyer's responsibility to shop around. Before attempting to drop $250 on that piece of crap, I'd look around on the Best Buy or Walmart to see the specs on a similarly priced computer.

wolfen69
March 16th, 2009, 03:41 AM
i like this:

"Its innovative design packs everything you need for the ultimate multimedia excitement. Breeze through your most demanding programs with an amazingly fast processor, generous cache and high-performance graphics. Watch your multimedia applications spring to life with the large display that features brilliant, lifelike colors and striking contrast. The Presario is the perfect all-in-one complement for the go-anywhere enthusiast who insists on the ultimate quality and performance that only comes from Compaq."

funny stuff.

bsharp
March 16th, 2009, 04:10 AM
I wouldn't take it for free.

TBOL3
March 16th, 2009, 04:25 AM
I wouldn't take it for free.

I would! Infact, I might even pay a whole $2 for it!

DoktorSeven
March 16th, 2009, 04:28 AM
Craigslist is just a breeding ground for scammers, scum, and other lowlife. Worse than eBay.

I don't get why people bother.

Muffinabus
March 16th, 2009, 04:29 AM
Craigslist is just a breeding ground for scammers, scum, and other lowlife. Worse than eBay.

I wholeheartedly disagree.

pwnst*r
March 16th, 2009, 04:29 AM
and not much better than myspace.

smartboyathome
March 16th, 2009, 04:44 AM

I use Craigslist. As long as you do your research, you can get some good deals on there. :)

wolfen69
March 16th, 2009, 04:50 AM
just because there's a few idiots there, doesn't mean it's no good. i'll take it over ebay anyday.

i've sold over 40 computers on craigslist, and give people a fair deal.

you just have to do a little research. the craigslist ad in question is not typical of posts found there. sure, some people are asking too much for some things, but oh well, no one is forcing you to buy it.

MikeTheC
March 16th, 2009, 05:38 AM
I've successfully sold a bunch of stuff via Craigslist. It's preferable because it's intended to be local.

Lack of knowledge on the part of the buyer is no fault on the part of the seller.