View Full Version : [ubuntu] port connectivity on torrent tracker.

March 15th, 2009, 08:15 AM
Hey people , I'm really sorry if I'm posting in the wrong section.

My problem is that I have an account on a torrent tracker and there is an option which tells me I'm "Not Connectable" so other users cannot leech from me.The forums from their site explain how to solve this problem in Windows for uTorrent , Bitcomet and Azureus but there is no solution for Linux users. I'm using Ubuntu 8.10 and as torrent client I have Transmission BitTorrent Client which comes along when installing Ubuntu.
Some guy there told me to acces my modem settings and add a "Game application port" to the port which is used by Transmission.I should mention that I have an ADSL modem from my internet provider but since I'm noob I don't know what to do.I use Ubuntu only for very few things because it's safe , stable etc.

March 15th, 2009, 08:33 AM
I really strongly recommend that you ditch transmission and download Deluge. It is a more "heavy-duty" client and comes capable of utilizing many different plugins, plus my DL and UP rates are always way better while using Deluge

March 15th, 2009, 09:09 AM
hey mate , thanks for the advice , I already installed Deluge , it is working very fine and I absolutely like it more than Transmission BitTorrent Client but I'm still having the problem with " Not Connectable " on the torrent tracker. I also tried installing uTorrent via Wine but Wine gives me an error of "null" or something like that , I tried uTorrent because on the torrent tracker forums there is a tutorial on how to become connectable and it sound like this : I should do some settings in uTorrent then for listening port I should set 16881 or any other one , then download MyUPnP and do some settings over there and it should work; but I can't get it done since Wine errors when I try to install any windows .exe application.

Thanks again and sorry for the Text-Wall :).