PDA

View Full Version : Crap that you can't believe people actually download

jamieh
March 15th, 2009, 03:25 AM
http://facebookapps.s3.amazonaws.com/facebookwebfetti.html

Disgusting...
I love that "MyWebSearch" toolbar in the screenshot.

Have you ever come across anything that you can't believe anyone would actually consider downloading?

Giant Speck
March 15th, 2009, 03:27 AM
http://facebookapps.s3.amazonaws.com/facebookwebfetti.html

Disgusting...
I love that "MyWebSearch" toolbar in the screenshot.

Have you ever come across anything that you can't believe anyone would actually consider downloading?

http://www.ubuntu.com

Just kidding!

:lolflag:

Rokurosv
March 15th, 2009, 03:31 AM
http://www.microsoft.com/spain/windows/internet-explorer/download-ie.aspx

I think it's the crappiest thing you can have in your pc

fissionmailed
March 15th, 2009, 03:31 AM
Not trolling here, but audacious. That piece of software has been nothing but trouble for me. It crashes a good bit and won't even open some of my music without crashing. Switched back to xmms and everything worked smoothly. I don't know if something happened in the install but it's just been one thing after another.

Skripka
March 15th, 2009, 03:33 AM
http://www.ubuntu.com

Just kidding!

:lolflag:

That was pretty damn funny.

wolfen69
March 15th, 2009, 03:42 AM
Crap that you can't believe people actually download

"toolbars"

Dr Small
March 15th, 2009, 03:46 AM
Not trolling here, but audacious. That piece of software has been nothing but trouble for me. It crashes a good bit and won't even open some of my music without crashing. Switched back to xmms and everything worked smoothly. I don't know if something happened in the install but it's just been one thing after another.
Audacity? I love it :)

fissionmailed
March 15th, 2009, 03:50 AM
Audacity? I love it :)

I like it when it works. But a music player that doesn't play music doesn't have much of a purpose.

chucky chuckaluck
March 15th, 2009, 03:53 AM
kdemod (maybe it's just me).

kevin11951
I like it when it works. But a music player that doesn't play music doesn't have much of a purpose.

he means audacity, you mean audacious, two totally different pieces of software. one is for playing, the other is for creating.

Skripka
Gnome (maybe it's just me).

Fixed it for ya. ;)

fissionmailed
March 15th, 2009, 03:54 AM
he means audacity, you mean audacious, two totally different pieces of software. one is for playing, the other is for creating.

hurrrr

*goes off to drink some coffee*

Yeah. The sad part I use audacity.

inobe
March 15th, 2009, 04:00 AM
multi platform ?

probably the dumbest thing to down load (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rogue_software)

Giant Speck
March 15th, 2009, 04:03 AM
Fixed it for ya. ;)

http://dave.matusiak.org/weblog/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/wonder_woman.jpg

chris200x9
March 15th, 2009, 04:07 AM
bonzai buddy!

inobe
March 15th, 2009, 04:14 AM
bonzai buddy!

lol's :lol:

http://www.itsyourpc.org/duane/files/spyware.jpg

days_of_ruin
March 15th, 2009, 05:06 AM
hurrrr

*goes off to drink some coffee*

Yeah. The sad part I use audacity.

Its easy to become confused when audacity's startup screen says "ok, Audacious!" or something like that.

days_of_ruin
March 15th, 2009, 05:10 AM

thats obscene.:o

3rdalbum
March 15th, 2009, 05:10 AM
The most useless thing that I can't believe people download is "my_picture.jpg.exe", which gets sent to them by their friends on MSN who have already downloaded and run the program. And then that useless program gets sent to me by all my friends who have downloaded and run it.

chucky chuckaluck
March 15th, 2009, 05:11 AM
Fixed it for ya. ;)

i'm not a huge gnome fan either, but i'd take it over kdemod. i'm not wild about xfce either. i guess i just don't see the reason for DEs.

blackened
March 15th, 2009, 05:15 AM

I didn't realize my mother had learned to take screenshots under Windows.

inobe
March 15th, 2009, 05:18 AM
thats obscene.:o

they still have one inch of web left

inobe
March 15th, 2009, 05:19 AM
I didn't realize my mother had learned to take screenshots under Windows.

yeah' well i been to my mom's house just to fix it

lykwydchykyn
March 15th, 2009, 05:26 AM
Ugh, oh Lord, Inobe. I have to deal with that kind of stuff all week long, did you have to remind me about it on the weekend?
;-)

I'm always finding some kind of spyware on people's computers from "freeze.com". Why would you want something called "freeze" on your computer? Why not download "crash" "lockup" and "fail to boot" as well?

Then of course there are those glorpy local newstation weather-alert apps that add 2 minutes to your login time and take up half the screen with some hideous bitmap interface.

Sealbhach
March 15th, 2009, 05:30 AM
As usual, no Linux version. Always the bridesmaid, never the bride. :(

inobe
March 15th, 2009, 05:32 AM
it sucks bad lykwydchykyn but there is nothing worse than trying to remove a rogue app that has the system password protected :pullhair:

lisati
March 15th, 2009, 05:36 AM
The most useless thing that I can't believe people download is "my_picture.jpg.exe", which gets sent to them by their friends on MSN who have already downloaded and run the program. And then that useless program gets sent to me by all my friends who have downloaded and run it.

Or its variants....... or the "Congratulations! You're the 999,999th visitor" popups.

The popups that mimic a Windows error message "Your machine is infected" are another story - the faked XP theme should be a giveaway that something's not quite right when you're running Ubuntu with the default theme.

markusf21
March 15th, 2009, 06:25 AM
Windows 7

inobe
March 15th, 2009, 06:33 AM
you mean windows vista stripped down

fissionmailed
March 15th, 2009, 09:10 AM
Its easy to become confused when audacity's startup screen says "ok, Audacious!" or something like that.

Cool story bro.

billgoldberg
March 15th, 2009, 12:14 PM
Toolbars.

There is nothing I hate more.

3rdalbum
March 15th, 2009, 12:24 PM
they still have one inch of web left

Yeah, but even that's got "Meet sexy singles for free" in it :-D

BigSilly
March 15th, 2009, 02:02 PM
I cannot believe people actually downloaded that XP Antivirus 2008 thing. Then, not only did they download and install it, but actually gave them money. Absolutely incredible. Plus, after that you had the whole thing of there then being a bunch of clueless victims searching for removal tools, and paying out yet again to some removal scam site.

Oh the joys of Windows....

tjwoosta
March 15th, 2009, 04:16 PM
I cannot believe people actually downloaded that XP Antivirus 2008 thing. Then, not only did they download and install it, but actually gave them money. Absolutely incredible. Plus, after that you had the whole thing of there then being a bunch of clueless victims searching for removal tools, and paying out yet again to some removal scam site.

Oh the joys of Windows....

if only windows users would use their heads

instead they point and click, just like microsoft intended

Yownanymous
March 15th, 2009, 05:05 PM
if only windows users would use their heads

instead they point and click, just like microsoft intended

Yep, the song Sheep by Pink Floyd comes to mind here... I do wonder why?

smartboyathome
March 15th, 2009, 05:15 PM
AOL - the sad part was that I had to use it for so many years. I hated it, as the parental controls were flawed (my mom was convinced by AOL they were necessary for all kids), and only the "Approved" websites were allowed, meaning that 99% of the web was blocked.

Vince4Amy
March 15th, 2009, 05:23 PM
Ubuntu (I'm Not Joking)
Zwinky
Toolbars
Registry Cleaners
Apps that claim to speed up a computer and run in the background with no explanation on what they do.

CJ Master
March 15th, 2009, 06:33 PM
Ubuntu (I'm Not Joking)

I'm seriously sick of the people that are hammering windows and the people launching a "counter-offensive."

You're not making things any better, you're just annoying the **** out of other users.

If that is your ACTUAL opinion, then I deeply apologise, please ignore this post.

C!oud
March 15th, 2009, 06:42 PM
AOL - the sad part was that I had to use it for so many years. I hated it, as the parental controls were flawed (my mom was convinced by AOL they were necessary for all kids), and only the "Approved" websites were allowed, meaning that 99% of the web was blocked.

Thanks for bringing back those horrible memories of Dial-up and that horrific AOL browser, the pain involved :cry:

pwnst*r
March 15th, 2009, 06:50 PM
any .exe that you don't know what it is.

Vince4Amy
March 15th, 2009, 06:51 PM
If that is your ACTUAL opinion, then I deeply apologise, please ignore this post.

It is my actual opinion, and the topic of the post is "Crap that you can't believe people actually download" which is directed at whoever wants to post here not "Crap that CJ Master doesn't believe people actually download".

JDorfler
March 15th, 2009, 06:52 PM
Crap that you can't believe people actually download

"toolbars" Any toolbars

bonzai buddy!
Yahoo Messenger
MSN Messenger
(Any proprietary Messenger)

NERO
Roxio
WinDVD
(Any paid media player)
ITunes

Any Paid Virus protection

AOL

MSFT Office

Smileys from fly by night websites

Paid for back up utilities

Paid for driver and bios update notifier

Paid for internet radio streams (Coast to Coast Am)

and that's just to name a few.

pwnst*r
March 15th, 2009, 06:55 PM
It is my actual opinion, and the topic of the post is "Crap that you can't believe people actually download" which is directed at whoever wants to post here not "Crap that CJ Master doesn't believe people actually download".

i applaud your firm stance.

Simian Man
March 15th, 2009, 06:59 PM
AWN and Gnome-Do. Why these are popular, I'll never know.

blackened
March 15th, 2009, 07:05 PM
AWN and Gnome-Do. Why these are popular, I'll never know.

I can see why people would find them useful, just that I personally don't.

CJ Master
March 15th, 2009, 07:09 PM

The reason for my accusation is that you obviously hate Windows bashers, and even made a list on how Ubuntu sucked. From the way that it's mostly Windows bashing in here, the logical conclusion is that you're trying the same exact thing.

Vince4Amy
March 15th, 2009, 07:11 PM
I never said Ubuntu sucks. I just pointed out some flaws in it that other distros don't have. There are flaws in any OS and someone has got to point them out instead of covering them up, they'll never get fixed otherwise.

There is a huge amount of Windows bashing around here but like it or not Windows is doing better than Ubuntu ever has and probably ever will do. Instead of bashing Windows I'm pointing out some flaws in it which instead of wasting time bashing Windows, people should be focusing on fixing Ubuntu. It has some problems which are Ubuntu specific and do not exist in other distros with the same software versions, it's just the attitude with a lot of Ubuntu users is that they're not problems and Ubuntu is perfect, and since most people use Ubuntu as it's the most popular version of Linux they get thrown off when they encounter these problems (Example, Webcam in Intrepid is broken for the most part, but isn't in Fedora), that is a good enough excuse to go back to Windows and people aren't going to want to research other distros after trying one because they will quite rightly assume that the whole of Linux is like this. So this is why I think Ubuntu is Crap that I can't believe people download.

CJ Master
March 15th, 2009, 07:15 PM
I never said Ubuntu sucks. I just pointed out some flaws in it that other distros don't have. There are flaws in any OS and someone has got to point them out instead of covering them up, they'll never get fixed otherwise.

Alright then... I respect your oppinion and I'm sorry for my previous posts.

Ontopic: I can't believe nobody has mentioned finally fast. :P

JDorfler
March 15th, 2009, 07:18 PM
Ontopic: I can't believe nobody has mentioned finally fast. :P

Add that to that list I made above. Finally Fast my left toe. Heck, add the Geek Squad crap to the list.

Not to mention all the nice back up software that comes with an external HDD. Format that sucker and get rid of that bloated crap.

kyroha
March 15th, 2009, 07:18 PM
Thanks for bringing back those horrible memories of Dial-up and that horrific AOL browser, the pain involved :cry:

My in laws still use pay by the minute aol dialup. I have tried so hard to convince them to get something actually useful but they refuse to listen to me.

inobe
March 15th, 2009, 07:24 PM
my mom loves toolbars, my wife click on anything in vista, my dad downloads pron, it's about stuff that peeps dl on all platforms !

i certainly can't and will never understand why my mum needs more than one toolbar lol's

no bashing going on here

i think gnome gdesklets blow but however' folks download it :lol:

CJ Master
March 15th, 2009, 07:26 PM
Where to get import brand shoes and clothing .Such as DG,dsquared,coach, fendi,Gucci,Nike jordan,Dunk,Nike shox,Air max,Air force one,Adidas, Puma, Prada,Bape,Timberland shoes, t-shirts,jeans,fashion bags, shorts and so on. ?

in online shop www.shoes-trader.com
a friend recommend it to me.
low price , high quality.

I find it haliarious that this post is inside the topic about crap :P

inobe
March 15th, 2009, 07:32 PM
i hate when they do that

pwnst*r
March 15th, 2009, 07:33 PM
lol @ finallyfast.com

worst. commercial. ever. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3YRBzz_4Hg

Giant Speck
March 15th, 2009, 10:12 PM
There is a huge amount of Windows bashing around here but like it or not Windows is doing better than Ubuntu ever has and probably ever will do. Instead of bashing Windows I'm pointing out some flaws in it which instead of wasting time bashing Windows, people should be focusing on fixing Ubuntu.

In other words...

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk122/SpecKtacle/128733402400374285.jpg?t=1237151511

Just kidding! :lolflag: