PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Is sytem76 lappy hot ?

Phulerock
March 13th, 2009, 05:39 PM
I still not use system76 laptop, but I want to know its lappy. I used HP, Compaq lappy for a long time, and these laptop so hot after 30 mins running. I don't like that ! I want the linux lappy cool in 10 hours running.

Anyone use system76 give me experiences about this ?

thomasaaron
March 13th, 2009, 06:11 PM
Your profile says you are in Vietnam. If this is so, please realize that we do not sell Internationally (except for in Canada).

I'll let others weigh in with their assessment of the heat output, as this tends to be a fairly subjective issue.

eddietours
March 13th, 2009, 07:54 PM
nope not for me

3Miro
March 14th, 2009, 03:06 AM
Pangolin (GF9300M and 2.4GhZ C2D CPU), runs about 60 in the Video and 30 - 40 on the CPU during normal usage. It keeps it on for hours.

The outside temperature, however, would make a big difference, I am the mids of winter in the Appalachians. It would be way hotter in Vietnam I would imagine.

betrunkenaffe
March 14th, 2009, 12:06 PM
I won't say it isn't hot because the temperature that comes out the side is on the warm side. It's nothing too terrible, the actual temp inside is stated already, not much more can be said on it :)

ajlewis2
April 8th, 2009, 07:09 PM
I have a Darter Ultra - for 2 years now. I noticed the machine fan running quite high for maybe a year now. Today I got some canned air (duster) and blew out the fan. Now it runs at least 20 degrees C cooler. Running Folding at home (30% CPU), Firefox and Thunderbird right now it is 48C. I was ripping a DVD for over an hour earlier and it was at 65C. Yesterday when I did this it was 85C.

So, I would say that out of the box the Darter is not hot. But keep the fan clean. :-)

thinman1189
April 9th, 2009, 04:39 PM
My Serval Performance only starts to run particularly hot after 5 hours of gaming. But at that point, I just view it as an indicator I should take a break, heh.

glacialfury
April 18th, 2009, 01:01 PM
I've got a Serval, and *one corner* of it gets hot - unfortunately, the corner under my left hand. AFAIK, this is where the graphics card sits. It can get uncomfortable if you rest your hand directly on the laptop for a long period of time while typing or playing games, but ventilation helps a great deal.

Also (obviously), it heats up much more quickly if you cover the fans (easily done if you put the laptop directly on cloth, which folds around the fans) than if you put it on a firm (colder) surface that doesn't obscure them.

Phulerock
April 19th, 2009, 01:00 PM
sound great for Darter, I very impressive with Thinkpad's fan, very quite and cool. But like Darter so much for Ubuntu spirit. Good product.