PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Wireless Network Device not detected in Ubunto 7.10

Vash1987
March 13th, 2009, 11:13 AM
Hi.

I'm a new Ubuntu user and just installed the 7.10 version in my Toshiba Satellite A300-1D. When I run Ubuntu, the NetworkManager detects only my ethernet wired connection - and even this connection does not work, so I don't have any way of using any type of internet connection in Ubuntu. Even when running the command iwconfig on the terminal, I get no results whatsoever for any existing wireless network device. I have no problems using it in Windows, so I don't think it's a hardware problem.

My wireless network device is a Atheros AR9281 Wireless Network Adapter. I would really appreciate if anyone could assist me with this issue. Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

snowpine
March 13th, 2009, 01:30 PM
Hi Vash, and welcome to the forums! Maybe someone else has a more specific response, or you could use the search function to find other people with the same wireless card.

The easiest solution I can suggest is to burn a Live CD of Intrepid Ibex 8.10 and test whether your wireless works with the latest version. 8.10 seems to have much better support of Atheros cards, in my limited experience. 7.10 is reaching its "end of life" next month and will no longer be supported.