PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Toshiba Wireless Problem

shopmanual
March 13th, 2009, 05:43 AM
I just purchased a new Toshiba laptop and set up my dual boot with windows. The install went just fine and Ubuntu 8.1 auto-detected my wireless card and installed the driver which it said is working and is in use. However, when I click on the network manager no wireless networks appear. I tried putting sudo lshw -C network into the terminal but do not get claimed, unclaimed, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

shopmanual
March 14th, 2009, 05:24 PM
The plot thickens! In my efforts to find out why my wireless isn't working I decided I would use a wired ethernet connection to use the update manager and find any new updates that might help me out. Unfortunately, that connection doesn't work either. Network manager recognizes it and says I'm connected but the internet does not work. Also I looked through my the list of drivers under the administration tab, it it says that the driver for my wireless card is installed and is in use. However, there are no wireless networks listed under network manager, and I know my wireless network is working fine because I can use it in Windows. Please help, I have no internet wired or wireless on Ubuntu.

ugm6hr
March 14th, 2009, 06:12 PM
Look at the wifi help link below and post back with as much detail as possible.