PDA

View Full Version : QuickTax 2008

iAnth
March 13th, 2009, 05:24 AM
Does anyone know I can get wine for QuickTax 2008? If not, is there any Linux-based tax software for Canadians?

RedSingularity
March 13th, 2009, 05:27 AM
Look HERE (http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&sTitle=Browse%20Applications&sOrderBy=appName&bAscending=true)

Search your software in there.

iAnth
March 13th, 2009, 05:30 AM
There's only a QuickTax 2006. Wrong tax year, but thank you for leading me in the right direction.

CiaoCiao
March 15th, 2009, 04:39 PM
I am also seeking an Ubuntu 8.10 solution for Canadian Tax software. I can't recommend the software since I have never used it, but I can confirm it does install under wine.. The home page also states that running this under wine is supported.

www.futuretax.ca

If I have success with Quicktax 2008 I'll post a response in coming weeks.

Your fonts on the first page will look screwed up and unreadable...This is the response from Tech Support with a screen grab from another distribution.

Yes, the fonts look weird in Ubuntu, but they are OK in the main program, you can refer to the following picture I took from Windows. This screen is also fine in Fedora 8.

RedSingularity
March 15th, 2009, 08:29 PM
Yeah the fonts tend to look "different" in ubuntu.

CiaoCiao
March 16th, 2009, 03:00 AM
I just got an updated link to install and test...They fixed the fonts problem...I can't see anything obviously wrong so I'll be entering some numbers in next few days...

I guess if you have the screwed fonts issue download again or email support...