PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu 8.10, Oblivion & WINE: Best Settings (Registry & Wine) For Oblivion?

ssccrab
March 12th, 2009, 06:53 PM
I've got Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex installed on a 1TB hard drive. I'm setting it up as my new gaming OS, since I started getting tired of Windows taking all of my precious resources. I've searched everywhere for a fix to my problem, but nothing gets it spot-on. I've migrated all of my mods and a save game from my PC to the new OS, and have set up what I believe to be a fairly stable system... For the most part. Everytime, before starting Oblivion, I have to delete the OBLIVION.INI in order for it to start correctly, and even when I start playing, it'll occasionally lock up when going through doors or something of the like. I understand the case-sensitive issues and took all the necessary steps to fix it. The correct patches have been installed correctly as well. I'm running FBO in my Offscreen in the WINE registry, and my WINE version is 1.1.16. Has anyone had this kind of an experience, and what are some good fixes/ work-arounds for this issue? Thanks a lot for your help in advance!!