PDA

View Full Version : wine emulate a virtual desktop with wow get bars

billmik
March 11th, 2009, 10:48 PM
wine emulate a virtual desktop with wow get bars
Hi
I got a problem with wine. I selected emulate a virtual desktop with resolution of 1680 x 1050 and when i run it always still shows the top and bottom panels (bars) any ideas

winw 1.1.16 ubuntu 8.04

cogadh
March 11th, 2009, 11:22 PM
Well, since by emulating a virtual desktop you are essentially running the game in a window, you should still see the panels, like you would with any other application. If you were trying to run the game in full screen without the panels, then you might need to turn off the "Allow the window manager to control the windows" option in winecfg.

billmik
March 11th, 2009, 11:54 PM
Well, since by emulating a virtual desktop you are essentially running the game in a window, you should still see the panels, like you would with any other application. If you were trying to run the game in full screen without the panels, then you might need to turn off the "Allow the window manager to control the windows" option in winecfg.

Ok tried that doesnt make any difference. Yes I'd like full screen mode, but when i dont use emulate a desktop i lose sound on the game when switching back to desktop then back to game by using ctrl alt rt arrow

uKEN
October 31st, 2011, 08:25 PM
well i thaink that if u run it with out the emulat deask top it would run a lot bedaer cus u use your ow mo nitour not the box(emulated one)..
any hwo good luck

kennepheris