PDA

View Full Version : Questions to Python + Glade

inoitna
March 11th, 2009, 08:40 AM
hi everyone,

I just started learning python and glade tutorial recently.

I would like to create an application to link up windows,

When i open the <<project4.py>>..ya, it's fine...and i click ok link to 2nd window also no problem...

My problem here is when i close the second window and click ok again, the content inside the second window was gone. I can't get any solution from google.

Please helps...Thanks...

Here is my project:

days_of_ruin
March 11th, 2009, 04:31 PM
window.connect("delete_event",func)

#func
def func(widget,data=None):
return widget.hide_on_delete()

inoitna
March 12th, 2009, 04:16 AM
window.connect("delete_event",func)

#func
def func(widget,data=None):
return widget.hide_on_delete()

hey bro...

the problem isn't solve yet...

Something wrong with my code?

thanks

Can+~
March 12th, 2009, 04:52 AM
hey bro...

hey dawg, I herd u leik pythons. (couldn't resist)

As for your problem goes, you just messed up with the destroy event. When you hit the "X" button of window2, the function hide_window2 is not being called. After checking the .glade file, I realized why; the field was empty, here's how it should look like:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v517/CanXp/screenshot1-1.png

Simple mistake.

(Notice that you must add signal names on the .glade file, and then use the same name on the python script for the autoconnect to do it's magic, I write this, because there actually no signals set in your .glade file)

inoitna
March 12th, 2009, 06:12 PM
hey dawg, I herd u leik pythons. (couldn't resist)

As for your problem goes, you just messed up with the destroy event. When you hit the "X" button of window2, the function hide_window2 is not being called. After checking the .glade file, I realized why; the field was empty, here's how it should look like:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v517/CanXp/screenshot1-1.png

Simple mistake.

(Notice that you must add signal names on the .glade file, and then use the same name on the python script for the autoconnect to do it's magic, I write this, because there actually no signals set in your .glade file)

My dawg, it's work...
couldn't believe it is just so simple

Thanks much...

inoitna
March 12th, 2009, 06:34 PM
hi Can+,

Im thinking to create a blutooth pentester GUI, so is it possible for me to call the bluetooth pentester command when the <<OK>> button is clicked?