PDA

View Full Version : Contact sheet/collage generation soft

geneross
March 10th, 2009, 04:57 PM
Hi Folks,

I want to generate the contact sheet from set of jpeg and raw files. I know that Picasa could do it, but I'd like to find open source program that can do the same. While googling I found plugin for Gimp, but it allows only batch processing of all files in the folder, I need to choose photos before. Ideally if software would understand raw formats.

Thank you.

Dragonbite
March 10th, 2009, 08:49 PM
Could look at digiKam or F-spot since they are closer to Picasa.

badmedic
March 11th, 2009, 03:13 AM
Hi geneross,
There's Gnome Photo Printer and PhotoPrint... both under Add/Remove programs. I can't vouch for either since I haven't tried them yet, but it looks like they both do what you are looking for.

Come to think of it...I may have to give PhotoPrint a try myself!

geneross
March 12th, 2009, 02:04 PM
Hi geneross,
There's Gnome Photo Printer and PhotoPrint... both under Add/Remove programs. I can't vouch for either since I haven't tried them yet, but it looks like they both do what you are looking for.

Come to think of it...I may have to give PhotoPrint a try myself!

Thank you.
Gnome Photo Printer is better suited just for printing.
photoprint don't want to start complaining on absence of libgutenprint.so.2 8.10 and I'm unable to find this version of library in repos. Have you been successful with PhotoPrint?

geneross
March 12th, 2009, 02:06 PM
digiKam and f-spot are definitely closer. I didn't found that type of functionality in f-spot and will digiKam, thank you.

Dragonbite
March 12th, 2009, 04:30 PM
digiKam and f-spot are definitely closer. I didn't found that type of functionality in f-spot and will digiKam, thank you.

Didn't expect F-spot would, but digiKam has a lot of photo editing capabilities either by default or optional so that would be a good one to look into.

hellocatfood
December 7th, 2009, 12:49 AM
For all those interested I've put in a request for F-Spot to have this feature: https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=603936

If you have any thoughts or could offer help add it there :-)