PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] UI or windows size

mbele3000
March 9th, 2009, 03:58 PM
My screen resolution settings are 640 x 480 and I have also set my fonts to the lowest settings. I still cant see the entire window to readjust the size (IE cant see "close" or "apply"). It sucks! how can I fix this? Help please!

miegiel
March 9th, 2009, 04:27 PM
"System > Preferences > Screen Resolution"
On my machine anyway :)

What did you try? What did not work? What errors did you get? What hardware are you using? What drivers are you using?

mbele3000
March 12th, 2009, 02:09 PM
I installed 8.04 on a comp that is using navida gforce so Im assuming after digging around that's part of the problem. I did follow a tutorial and got 800 x 600 resolution to show up in the screen resolution options. Before I was only getting 640 x 350 and 640 x 480 and that was that. So when I was opening a window it was HUGE and I could not see the whole thing to be able to hit the "OK" or "Cancel". So no errors or any thing like that just limited screen res. I am wondering if there is a way to make all your windows a specific size when they open.

sisco311
March 12th, 2009, 02:23 PM
Alt + Left Click and drag the window ;)

or type:

xrandr -s 800x600 in a terminal.

then install the nvidia driver(community/BinaryDriverHowto/Nvidia) and run nvidia-settings as root:

gksu nvidia-settings
set the resolution and save the changes to the X Configuration File.