PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Adding an Executable link to the Gnome Menu

beastrace91
March 9th, 2009, 08:07 AM
So I have a game that is launched via from console by changing into it's directory and then running the file ./nexuiz-linux-x86_64-glx

How can I make a link to this file (contained in the directory /home/jeff/.Nexuiz) in the "games" tab on my menu?

~Jeff

Berserker v7
March 9th, 2009, 08:33 AM
Open the menu editor through System->Preferences->Main Menu or with the command `alacarte`, and then add a new menu item... its pretty much self explanatory after that...

beastrace91
March 9th, 2009, 05:57 PM
I know is should basically just work... how ever when I select the proper file to run it gives me an in game error screen, however when I manually run the file it works just fine... Any ideas?

~Jeff

stchman
March 9th, 2009, 06:00 PM
So I have a game that is launched via from console by changing into it's directory and then running the file ./nexuiz-linux-x86_64-glx

How can I make a link to this file (contained in the directory /home/jeff/.Nexuiz) in the "games" tab on my menu?

~Jeff

I am not exactly understanding what you are trying to do. I also play Nexuiz on my 64 bit Ubuntu box and all is well.

I go to Applications--->Games--->Nexuiz and the game plays.

beastrace91
March 9th, 2009, 06:33 PM
I downloaded it as a zip file, in the zip file there is no "installer" I just run the game using ./<file>

Just found it in the repositories... installing it that way now, hopefully that will just make it work.

~Jeff