PDA

View Full Version : WoW Wrath Of The Lich King - Colors Off

AdamShumpisxXx
March 6th, 2009, 11:58 PM
I personally hate WoW but I'm having a problem with a friend's install. I switched him to Ubuntu over a year ago and everything has been great until this "new" Wrath Of The Lich King expansion. He uses Ubuntu 8.04 with all the latest updates to the OS itself and to Wine. I figured out myself how to get it installed through the newest version of Wine (using OpenGL) and it still runs just as good as it did with Burning Crusade except with one problem. The colors are all screwed up. Here's what it looks like.
http://pic19.picturetrail.com/VOL1091/3953709/8379178/357238592.jpg
Anyone who can help that would be awesome.

cogadh
March 7th, 2009, 12:09 AM
Hardware specs? Wine version?

AdamShumpisxXx
March 7th, 2009, 07:26 PM
Newest version of Wine (1.0.1). I got it configured as Windows 98 which was the only way to get Wrath Of The Lich King installed. As to the hardware specifications I'm going from memory here but I believe it has a nVidia 5500 graphics card, 512MB of RAM, and a 1.6GHZ processor. At any rate it plays comfortably enough for my buddy. Way better on Ubuntu than XP. No need for rudimentary questions. I have all the newest drivers installed and configured properly. Any suggestions?

cogadh
March 8th, 2009, 12:22 AM
Update Wine, the latest version is 1.1.16. The 1.0.1 version is the current stable version, but the newer "unstable" version does seem to run WoW better.

BTW - Those "rudimentary questions" are not to determine what you might have done already, they are to determine what might be the appropriate solution for you. Knowing the hardware used and software versions are completely relevant to that process and asking about it is not a reflection on your abilities at all.

AdamShumpisxXx
March 8th, 2009, 01:38 AM
I'll update Wine to it's newest Development release and I'll post back to tell you what happens.

AdamShumpisxXx
March 8th, 2009, 01:40 AM
Also by "rudimentary questions" I was referring to the common questions people ask about if I installed the graphics card drivers and i have OpenGL functionality...not about anything you asked me.

AdamShumpisxXx
March 11th, 2009, 10:41 PM
Sorry to those who were / are looking on to help me or to find the answer for their own needs. My buddy refuses to do even rudimentary things because he's so lazy. He insists on that his graphics card is broken, although I know for a fact it isn't, and he's not going to do anything until he puts a new one in. I'll mark this thread [ABANDONED]. Sorry again.