PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Belkin G Wireless Support?

tr0n13
March 6th, 2009, 06:18 AM
Hello everyone... First of all I want to say hello, this is my first post, etc. Brand new to the linux community... Been interested for a long time, and now I'm finally making steps to learn. It started with the un-fightable urge to install Ubuntu 5.04

I actually have had it for a long time. Now I was pleased to see it installed alongside windoze with ease, but I didn't know what I was in for with WIRELESS. I have the dreaded Belkin G F5D7050v4 version six.

FIRST QUESTION: Does anyone know if I could possibly get wireless support off the bat with version 8.10? I am downloading it right now and hope the process is much friendlier for brand new linux user like me.

SECOND QUESTION: Are there any easier ways to detect wireless if 8.10 won't detect it? I have tried several methods on Hoary Hedgehog, and they all wouldn't work or required internet which I couldn't get through linux... Basically, if anyone knows of any top-secret "idiot proof" techniques, please let me know... Because I'm new, so kind of stuck in idiot territory for a while. The less commands, the better... For the moment at least. Because everything I try doesn't work anyway. :lol:

LASTLY: Any advice, websites, simple commands, and tips you could enlighten me on if you have the time, would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

:KSlinux user in training.:KS

tr0n13
March 6th, 2009, 07:33 PM
NEVERMIND!!! I AM NOW RUNNING LINUX! :popcorn::P:D;)

Version 8.10 is light years ahead of the ancient 5.04

There was no need for me to do anything with my setup luckily... Everything was detected instantly and all I had to do was enter some information.

:KSI feel like a star.:KS

mark bower
March 6th, 2009, 07:42 PM
without heroics, the Belkin USB F5D7050 is "plug and play" with Ubuntu 8.10. exactly what i have reported elsewhere. let's keep spreading the word for linux beginners (i am one) as it makes Ubuntu seem very friendly.

mark bower