PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Uninstalled NM and trying to install WICD but error status shows 'Conflict with NM'

ironblossom
March 4th, 2009, 06:43 PM
last sunday i installed UBUNTU 8.10 (Intrepid Ibex) but had no network connection. I use WIRED BROADBAND in REALTEK RTL8168/8111 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC.
Thought this forum will solve it like that. But as i go through the others in the Networking & Wireless forum knew that this problem appears frequently in IBEX. Some people solve them with this forums...others, like me, are sticking on. Some are hopeless and waiting for the next upgrade Jaunty, wishing the NM developer will fix it up. At last one says me to unistall NM and install WICD. I had done the unistallation , but when i tried to install WICD it occurs error, showing......'Conflict, with installed package Network-Manager'.

Now im in a position that, i could'nt even re-install NM again as there is no network connection in Linux.

Im a newb.....done some coding in terminal like sudo etc/network/interfaces , ifconfig etc.
I didn't even know where to put this codes....after browsing through.......i found its the terminal.:-(

treat me as absolute newb.....at least help me to save my hairs!!!:cry:

N. B. I unistalled NM, from add/remove application ........is that how to unistall.....dont even know:(

P.S. Sorry for my english!!!!