PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Network routing problem w/Ubuntu, not WinXP

Kung Fu Hamster
March 4th, 2009, 08:11 AM
I've noticed something a bit strange about my Internet connection: whenever I try visiting one specific site (including ping and traceroute), Ubuntu can't find it at all. When I try accessing the site in Windows XP. however, everything works perfectly fine. Ping returns a "Destination Port Unreachable" error, and traceroute only returns my network interface's IP address.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Crafty Kisses
March 4th, 2009, 08:31 AM
Can you actually access the site? I'm not sure but it could be an IPv6 site, have you checked that?

Kung Fu Hamster
March 4th, 2009, 08:34 AM
It's a dating site called www.luckylovers.net (ip address 67.220.200.125)

Crafty Kisses
March 4th, 2009, 08:37 AM
Do you have anything blocking certificates?

Kung Fu Hamster
March 4th, 2009, 08:38 AM
Nothing at all. I even tried booting from an Ubuntu LiveCD, and get the same problem.

Crafty Kisses
March 4th, 2009, 08:42 AM
Well try this, enter the following command:

cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_ecn
If that returns "1" try replacing it with "0" so enter the following in Terminal:

echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_ecn
Then see if you can access the website after doing that.

Kung Fu Hamster
March 4th, 2009, 08:44 AM
cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_ecn returns a 0 by default for me. Still no access.

Crafty Kisses
March 4th, 2009, 08:55 AM
Here's a couple of things you can try, Call your ISP and see if they have port 80 blocked, and in some cases port 80 can be blocked on their servers. In some cases if that's blocked you're going to have some troubles with sites. It also could be a DNS issue, I'd say it could be your ISP doing work so try again tomorrow, unless you've had this issue for longer than a day.

Kung Fu Hamster
March 4th, 2009, 09:00 AM
I thought that might be the case too. However, if I reboot into Windows I can access everything perfectly fine, as can every other computer on the network. It's just in Ubuntu that I have this issue.

Crafty Kisses
March 4th, 2009, 09:05 AM
Yeah the website works perfectly for me anyway. Do you have any firewall settings on your router? If so try to disable them and see if you can access the website. It appears the website is hosted by GoDaddy, so try and see if you can even go on GoDaddy's website.