PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Is it possible to connect to Router Configuration from 8.04 Server?

yawnzzzz
March 3rd, 2009, 08:36 PM
I have a 8.04 Server set-up that I'm doing some Dev work on, and I need to connect to my router's configuration settings. Normally, I'd user another computer with a Web Browser, but currently, I have nothing but servers on this network.

Anyone have any ideas?

whoop
March 3rd, 2009, 08:40 PM
Maybe lynx or lftp? Don't know what protocols your router supports. Maybe post some router information

cariboo
March 3rd, 2009, 08:42 PM
Any text based browser should work, I prefer elinks.

Jim

yawnzzzz
March 3rd, 2009, 08:47 PM
I believe it's a Linksys WRT54G. I'm not sure on the version number.

The default settings are:
IP address 192.168.1.1
Username leave blank
Password admin

I'd check more thoroughly, but I'm currently on a business trip and away from my server, which is the main reason I'd like this information. I'm hoping to SSH in and forward some ports needed to connect through FTP.

yawnzzzz
March 3rd, 2009, 08:56 PM

Jim

Very cool. I'm new to Ubuntu (and servers in general), so I didn't even know anything like that still existed. Worked like a charm. Thanks again.

whoop
March 3rd, 2009, 09:03 PM
Might want to change your password to something non-default. Even if administration is only accessible via lan. I no at least of one crack in the wild that can access the router via lan authentication with a default password, so there might even be more.

whoop
March 3rd, 2009, 09:05 PM

Jim

My router does not support it :-(

yawnzzzz
March 3rd, 2009, 09:07 PM
Almost.. worked like a charm. I'm a bit confused on how to save.

I can get to my port forwarding page that looks like this:

SSH___ 22_____ 22_____ 192.168.1.100_ [x]
______ 0______ 0______ 192.168.1.0___ [_]

It will let me click Enter to edit each value, then I click enter post it. I get the message "Do you want to post form data to URL http://192.168.1.1/PortRange.tri (POST DATA)?" I hit Yes, but the information doesn't appear to be sent back. Any ideas?

whoop
March 3rd, 2009, 09:10 PM
Almost.. worked like a charm. I'm a bit confused on how to save.

I can get to my port forwarding page that looks like this:

SSH___ 22_____ 22_____ 192.168.1.100_ [x]
______ 0______ 0______ 192.168.1.0___ [_]

It will let me click Enter to edit each value, then I click enter post it. I get the message "Do you want to post form data to URL http://192.168.1.1/PortRange.tri (POST DATA)?" I hit Yes, but the information doesn't appear to be sent back. Any ideas?
Maybe the page is just not updated. Move away from that page and go back to see if it has changed. I know that a lot of linksys firmware has this problem.

yawnzzzz
March 3rd, 2009, 09:34 PM
Maybe the page is just not updated. Move away from that page and go back to see if it has changed. I know that a lot of linksys firmware has this problem.

I've closed out elinks and opened it back up, and the information isn't saved.

When I click Yes to posting back data, it takes me to a screen that says "http://192.168.1.1/PortRange.tri (POST DATA)" my cursor gets sent to the lower right corner, and in the lower left corner of the gray display it says OK. But the only option I seem to be able to do is go back.

Iowan
March 4th, 2009, 01:20 AM
As I recall, phpMyAdmin was somewhat painful to use via elinks. I had to highlight a data entry field, hit enter, enter data, and hit enter again... This was for online class - I started using laptop w/ graphical browser to make changes (Still used elinks if time permitted).