PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] Xubuntu Getting Stuck During Boot

SillySod
March 1st, 2009, 06:50 PM
Something has happened which seems to cause Xubuntu to stop during start-up. The loading screen no longer displays, I just get a blank screen all the time. If I press keys after the disc activity has finished, I get a warning bleep.

The only way I've found to progress any further is to press CTRL-ALT-DELETE which brings up the login screen after a few seconds.

I've also noticed that my hard drives are not mounting automatically. The mount point directories appear empty unless I do "sudo mount -a" from a terminal.

Can anyone help me fix this?

SillySod
March 15th, 2009, 12:39 PM
Perhaps if I can examine a boot log I might be able to figure out what is happening. Is there a way I can do this?

SillySod
May 21st, 2009, 04:54 PM
I'm not sure if anyone can help me with this. It's still happening several months on.

Another thing I have noticed when shutting down is that the Xubuntu closing screen does not appear either, I get some rather large text all over the screen instead giving me various messages. I can try to write some of it down and post it here if it will help.

st4
May 21st, 2009, 07:04 PM
Yeah, xubuntu wouldn't load right with me either, so I switched back to Ubuntu.

rob2uk
May 21st, 2009, 07:08 PM
Enable bootlogging and post the contents here.

I'm not gonna give you a how-to, cos I'm a lazy bugger and there's one here (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=49925) :P