PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Wifi problems in ubuntu 8.10

krishh123
March 1st, 2009, 05:28 AM
I have installed my ehome wireless adapter thru NDISWRAPPER 1.54.Everything works out fine but after restarting my pc i need to install the driver again by typing the following commands

depmod -a
modeprobe ndiswrapper

Can anyone suggest me how to make tis driver persistent.Is there any shell script that could run these two commands everytime i logon to ubuntu at the startup itself.

RedSingularity
March 1st, 2009, 05:31 AM
Why not add it yourself through System>Preferences>Sessions?

krishh123
March 1st, 2009, 05:38 AM
Im very much new to ubuntu.Can u just give me a detailed explanation on adding sessions..

RedSingularity
March 1st, 2009, 05:41 AM
When you go to System>Preferences>Sessions just click the ADD option. Then type in the command you have above. "depmod -a" You will have to give it a name as well.

RedSingularity
March 1st, 2009, 05:53 AM
Here do the above mentioned to get to Sessions. Then in sessions click add. Give it a name then type this in the command box: depmod -a && modeprobe ndiswrapper

krishh123
March 1st, 2009, 06:53 AM
Actually these are the steps i would type into the terminal

su
(password)
depmod -a
modprobe ndiswrapper

so for me to login into the root at the startup i have typed the command as u have said

su && (password) && depmod -a && modprobe ndiswrapper

but it did not work out.. for performing successive commands at the startup should we concatenate them with &&

RedSingularity
March 1st, 2009, 07:23 AM
Yea, for performing commands in line with each other you put an && in between. If you put one & in between it will activate the commands simultaneously.

What happened when you did this?

PS: You dont put your password in the sequence.....that wont work.