PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Mac OSX installation

McFrostey
February 28th, 2009, 05:31 AM
Ive currently figured out myself how to dual boot but theres one problem when i install ubuntu/kubuntu i installed on the whole drive and now im trying to install osx back a little for my ipod i insert my Mac OSX 10.2 installation disc and hold C at boot and all i get is a black screen if someone or anyone can tell me how to get this to work ill be greatly appriciated! :guitar:

mkvnmtr
February 28th, 2009, 01:33 PM
As I recall you have a Powerpc machine. Wait for the yaboot screen and then press c. I have never used a mac without dual booting so I am assuming that that option will be the same on a single booy.

McFrostey
February 28th, 2009, 05:39 PM
As I recall you have a Powerpc machine. Wait for the yaboot screen and then press c. I have never used a mac without dual booting so I am assuming that that option will be the same on a single booy.
i tried that still didnt work says "no such file/directory"

mkvnmtr
March 1st, 2009, 01:10 AM
Have you lost permissions to use your cd? I can't imagine any reason why it wouldn't boot from the disk unless you have done something to change the permissions.

McFrostey
March 1st, 2009, 02:48 AM
no it just wont boot and i have no idea why its the same OSX install CD that came with the comp when i first aqquired it

mkvnmtr
March 1st, 2009, 03:26 AM
I guess you are using yaboot. When the yaboot prompt comes up on mine I get the choice of linux, Mac osx or c for cd boot. When you only have Ubuntu installed what option does it give you? I only have to touch the c key not hold it down like in mac.

McFrostey
March 1st, 2009, 03:48 AM
the Yaboot prompt comes up after the choice

the choice is

i.Linux/Gnu
c.cd

then i choose one then the yaboot prompt comes up but when i choose C thats when my disc should kick in but they dont i tried Mac Osx on yaboot but that didnt work either...

mkvnmtr
March 1st, 2009, 03:34 PM
I think there is a way to go into mac firmware to get it to boot but have no idea how. Maybe someone that does will see this thread. Or maybe google on what keys to hit to get into the firmware.