PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] headphones stop working

screaminj3sus
February 26th, 2009, 04:55 AM
Ok, my headphones work with ubuntu ONLY when they are plugged in when ubuntu is booting. They work fine but if at any point they are unplugged they just don't work anymore. I tried unmuting all the channels ect... and I see no channel for headphone jack. When they work their volume is controlled by the front channel (which also controls the speakers when there are no headphones in) Also if my headphones are plugged in and I use suspend on resume I get the same problem, they just stop working. Please help me try and fix this. When I plug them in my speakers mute like they should ect.. but I can't get any sound at all out of the headphones.

Here's a screenshot of all the channels in the sound preferences. I have tried unmuting them all and maxing all the volumes to no effect.

http://i43.tinypic.com/s5warp.png

Computer is a gateway m6862 laptop and the headphones are plugged into the front audio jack (which is the only one) headphones are Sony MDR-V150

I am running ubuntu 8.10 64 bit. Laptop has Integrated Sigmatel STAC9205 sound .

Alessa
March 16th, 2009, 02:26 AM
Same exact issue. Same hardware, can't find any solution, have tried a myriad of solutions involving setting the model in alsa-base. Please help.