PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] OpenID

DPic
February 25th, 2009, 09:16 PM
It'd be great to see System76 support OpenID for logins. Anyone else agree?

Lee_Machine
February 25th, 2009, 09:54 PM
What do you mean S76 support openID logins? OpenID is a web service that elimiates the need to create a new account for each site. A Global account. I use it for the Atheist commuinity web site I maintain. Actual a really easy addon for Drupal.

OpenID is not in wide use yet. I've seen it moslty on blogs and forums.

DPic
February 25th, 2009, 09:58 PM
What do you mean S76 support openID logins? OpenID is a web service that elimiates the need to create a new account for each site. A Global account. I use it for the Atheist commuinity web site I maintain. Actual a really easy addon for Drupal.

OpenID is not in wide use yet. I've seen it moslty on blogs and forums.

umm...i mean exactly what i said. They don't have support for OpenID like Atheist community apparently does. A few big sites actually support it like blogger, creative commons, google, wordpress.

Lee_Machine
February 25th, 2009, 10:10 PM
ah I see what you mean, the S76 web site host your openID information. I was thinking about your ubuntu account information. Like you input your username, address, phone number, ect in the About Me section and that would be used as your openID. :lolflag:

DPic
February 25th, 2009, 10:11 PM
ah I see what you mean, the S76 web site host your openID information. I was thinking about your ubuntu account information. Like you input your username, address, phone number, ect in the About Me section and that would be used as your openID. :lolflag:

No, not provide OpenID, just accept it