PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] MacBook iSight Not functioning

hollyjester
February 25th, 2009, 04:36 PM
Hey
I got a MacBook 4,1(I think, got to check once I get home) and I am trying to use iSight for Skype. I have followed the wiki and done everything. When I call someone on Skype, the sound is clear, and they can hear me, but when I turn my video on, I can see them, but the iSight isn't picking anything up for me. Any ideas?

cyberdork33
February 25th, 2009, 05:48 PM
Hey
I got a MacBook 4,1(I think, got to check once I get home) and I am trying to use iSight for Skype. I have followed the wiki and done everything. When I call someone on Skype, the sound is clear, and they can hear me, but when I turn my video on, I can see them, but the iSight isn't picking anything up for me. Any ideas?
did you run the tests to verify that the iSight works?

hollyjester
March 1st, 2009, 04:22 PM
What do you mean exactly.

cyberdork33
March 1st, 2009, 07:42 PM
What do you mean exactly.
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MactelSupportTeam/AppleiSight

aprilsfreak
March 15th, 2009, 01:28 AM
hello i was trying to make isight work with cheese and ... well i don't know what i did exactly but not the camera is not recognized anymore (not even in Mac OS X)
is there anything that i can do other to fix the problem other than reinstall the entire OS?
i have a macBook black, bought last year and was running kubuntu in virtualbox

thank you for your help

cyberdork33
March 15th, 2009, 01:39 PM
hello i was trying to make isight work with cheese and ... well i don't know what i did exactly but not the camera is not recognized anymore (not even in Mac OS X)
is there anything that i can do other to fix the problem other than reinstall the entire OS?
i have a macBook black, bought last year and was running kubuntu in virtualbox

thank you for your help
completely shutdown your mac, and startup again (not reboot).

If that doesn't help, try resetting your SMC controller.