PDA

View Full Version : Compiz not starting at boot

OliW
February 23rd, 2009, 12:58 PM
I'm sure this is probably a symptom of upgrading (opposed to a fresh install) but my compiz wont start unless I launch it manually.

I don't reboot/log-off that often so it's not critical, but it harms the desktop experience and it's going to get annoying pretty fast.

WatchingThePain
February 23rd, 2009, 03:09 PM
Hi,

Under 'system, preferences, sessions' you can add compiz to the list. There's also an app' in the repositories called switch which is very convenient as it's a button on the panel that lets you switch compiz on and off as required.

chrisccoulson
February 23rd, 2009, 03:18 PM
Hi,

Under 'system, preferences, sessions' you can add compiz to the list. There's also an app' in the repositories called switch which is very convenient as it's a button on the panel that lets you switch compiz on and off as required.

You shouldn't need to add Compiz to System -> Preferences -> Sessions. gnome-session already tries to start a window manager - this will just make it try to start 2 window managers.

What is the contents of the gconf key "/desktop/gnome/session/required_components/windowmanager"?

OliW
February 23rd, 2009, 04:31 PM
What is the contents of the gconf key "/desktop/gnome/session/required_components/windowmanager"?

compiz