PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] A very quick question!

Lorjan
February 22nd, 2009, 08:52 PM
Hi

This is perhaps a silly question, and I hope this is the right place for it!

I was just wondering, when my question is being pushed far down the pile, if it still hasn't been answered, is it wrong to repost or bump it up or anything? I'm worried it won't be seen, but not sure what the protocol is!

Sorry to be a complete idiot, thanks!

Lorjan

bgates
February 22nd, 2009, 08:54 PM
I think a bump every 24 hours is considered reasonable. I'm sure it's nothing personal or anything, it's just a very high traffic forum. :)

snova
February 22nd, 2009, 08:56 PM
I was just wondering, when my question is being pushed far down the pile, if it still hasn't been answered, is it wrong to repost or bump it up or anything? I'm worried it won't be seen, but not sure what the protocol is!

Not at all, it's fairly common. The general rule of thumb is to wait about a day after the last reply.

Tobi-fp
Hi

This is perhaps a silly question, and I hope this is the right place for it!

Sorry to be a complete idiot, thanks!

Lorjan
Anyways, whilst where at it, why dont you post a link here, then i can take a look at it..

_noob_
The admin will say something if you don't wait 24 hrs. They don't ban you but they will tell you about the 24 hrs. Patience is a virtue. Especially on this forum.

Lorjan
February 23rd, 2009, 04:56 AM
Thanks everyone! It's been more than 24 hours so I guess I'm good to go :)
Here is a link to my thread Tobi-fp, thanks a lot
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1076648

Lorjan