PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Got someone to fix wifi on Aspire One, did update manager and I'm back to square one.

twentybelowzero
February 22nd, 2009, 08:26 PM
Ok, you're talking to someone who barely knows how to use the Terminal.

I got my this really nice stranger to fix my wifi for me, since the instructions on the Aspire One page were too complex. The wifi was working fine for a few weeks, and yesterday I updated my computer, now wifi and ethernet connection both don't seem to be working. (I've got two laptops and the ethernet's working fine on the other comp.)

I heard on another thread that to fix the wifi you have to go into a folder and remake the kernel everytime you update.

I need to know how to get into the right folder and how to do the make-sudo dance.

I also need to know what files I should not update next time so this doesn't have to happen again.

Thanks much!

Kareeser
February 22nd, 2009, 08:30 PM
Can you link us to the "complex" instructions, so we can... er.. dumb it down for you? :)

bailbath
February 22nd, 2009, 08:34 PM
Easiest solution use Linux4one which is based on Ubuntu and built for the aspire one. It works out of the box if you follow the clear instructions on the linux4one forum. It took two reboots for wifi and webcam to work no interaction from me.
http://www.linux4one.it/