PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Sound Recording problem

Don1500
February 22nd, 2009, 04:56 PM
I have been trying to record any sound off the net. I get nothing with any recorder. I can use just about anything in windows and I get good results. In Ubuntu I get nada. I have tried just about every set up I can. I can hear sounds in every application so I know the sound is getting into the computer correctly, but nothing records. And I can load a file into Audacity and it plays fine, have all the control I want, but no record.

I do believe I found the problem, but I don't know how to fix it. In the Volume control gui I set all the capture switches "ON" but only the Microphone shows in record. Maybe I have something set wrong in the sound preferences. This may go al the way back to the installation, I had many sound problems then.

Don1500
February 28th, 2009, 07:45 PM
Not one response in 6 (now 10) days? That's unusual, I normally have the answer in 6 minutes. Does any one have an idea about how to get my recorder to work?

Don1500
March 5th, 2009, 06:07 AM
Bump

tommo12
May 20th, 2009, 03:34 AM
a tear? :P

Volt9000
May 20th, 2009, 03:56 AM
If you're trying to record what's coming out of your speakers, I too have struggled with this. Thankfully there's a solution that WORKS!

Check this thread: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1005196

It's a bit of work, but believe me it's worth it.
Make sure to thank the OP in that thread.