PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How to stop CCS(CLuster Configuration System) ?

kshtjsnghl
February 22nd, 2009, 06:42 AM
Hi while playing through my synaptics two days back i kind of installed this CCS package. But after wards when i rebooted my system it kind stuck showing this problmem :

fence_tool : waiting for cman to start

I had to press alt+ctrl+del to get out of that loop. Then my system booted and i removed ccs from my system. But guess what today morning when i again booted my system it showed the same problem. Then i tried removing it but apt shows that it has already been uninstalled.

I went through the ps list of root and ccsd popped up. the version information is this :

kshitij@kshitij-laptop:~$ ccsd -V
ccsd 2.99.09 (built Aug 26 2008 13:34:55)
Copyright (C) Red Hat, Inc. 2004-2008 All rights reserved.

Can anyone tell me how to remove this package so that the system does not stuck the next time i boot it.

kshtjsnghl
February 22nd, 2009, 06:44 AM
Also any information on how to edit the process which are started when the computer boots up.
Similar to the startup.ini in windows xp.

kshtjsnghl
February 23rd, 2009, 06:37 AM
Can someone please help me out here...

kshtjsnghl
February 27th, 2009, 04:19 PM
I hate to do this again but bump!!

bmadaras
March 2nd, 2009, 08:30 PM
Remove libvirt-bin I believe is the package, check the dependency on the ccsd package and virt packages will be listed. As far as services that startup on boot, I believe you can install BUM boot up manager that will give you some of the services that will be starting or you can use the update-rc.d and invoke-rc.d commands