PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 2 wifi cards help

chmbrs
February 22nd, 2009, 01:51 AM
i have 2 wifi cards. they both work. when i boot they both try to connect at the same time. i need an app that lets me pick between them and turn them on and off independently. i got network selector but it works somewhat.
i want to disable one card completely but be able to enable it anytime. any suggestions?????????????????:D

newbee70
February 22nd, 2009, 02:43 AM
i have 2 wifi cards. they both work. when i boot they both try to connect at the same time. i need an app that lets me pick between them and turn them on and off independently. i got network selector but it works somewhat.
i want to disable one card completely but be able to enable it anytime. any suggestions?????????????????:D

help us out;

give us some system specs, and os your using "IE" Ubuntu 8.04.2 / 8.10 / fiesty?

chmbrs
February 22nd, 2009, 04:30 AM
im using slippery_swordz gnu/linux [i made it from linux mint using remastersys]

rtl8180l 802.11b mac

rtl-8185 ieee 802.11a/b/g/

andersja
June 30th, 2009, 03:45 PM
Did you get a solution to this? I'm very interested in a similar problem: have a laptop with built-in wifi + want to use a USB-wifi-dogle with a cantenna to extend range. How can I easily flip between them (or can they both operate at the same time without interfering??

andersja
June 30th, 2009, 03:48 PM
See also:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=871441