PDA

View Full Version : openoffice 3 has no graphical buttons (pic)

halfsane
February 21st, 2009, 11:54 PM
can anybody help me with this one?

I did not have it installed previously and added it using adept (after my package problems and resizing partitions) and this is what I get when I open writer or any of the suite.

Notice the buttons:

I wonder if I broke something earlier today...

Thanks!

damis648
February 22nd, 2009, 12:03 AM
can anybody help me with this one?

I did not have it installed previously and added it using adept (after my package problems and resizing partitions) and this is what I get when I open writer or any of the suite.

Notice the buttons:

I wonder if I broke something earlier today...

Thanks!

This happens when using certain themes (namely dark ones) as far as I've seen.

BwackNinja
February 22nd, 2009, 12:13 AM
Change/Set the icon theme for openoffice. In Tools > Options, OpenOffice.org > View.

halfsane
February 22nd, 2009, 12:20 AM
I logged into Gnome and all was well. Still can't get it right, or get it to do anything in KDE.

Change/Set the icon theme for openoffice. In Tools > Options, OpenOffice.org > View.

I assume under '3D view' or 'graphics output' there is suppose to be a preview of the theme/icons selected in the dropdown?

I don't have anything there for any selection.

EDIT: NVMD, checked in Gnome. I don't have any of the rendering options with KDE. Any idea what could cause that?

Doesn't sound like a theme or icon issue anymore.

halfsane
February 22nd, 2009, 12:41 AM
another pic of the 'view'menu

todak
February 22nd, 2009, 12:47 AM
Try this (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=6726763#post6726763) :)

BwackNinja
February 22nd, 2009, 12:49 AM
do you have openoffice.org-style-crystal installed?

halfsane
February 22nd, 2009, 12:52 AM
Try this (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=6726763#post6726763) :)

I thought that would do it, but 'icons only' was already selected. I changed it around to all the options and no luck still

halfsane
February 22nd, 2009, 12:56 AM
do you have openoffice.org-style-crystal installed?

you friend are a genius!

somehow I had none of the 'style' packages installed (not even galaxy, the default)? =D>

Are they dependencies, how would they have been missed, and is that a bug?

calc
March 4th, 2009, 11:40 PM
If you install Ubuntu it automatically installs openoffice.org-style-human, Kubuntu installs openoffice.org-style-crystal. I'm not sure what the other *buntu's do. So if you had neither you did something weird... ;)

halfsane
March 4th, 2009, 11:57 PM
If you install Ubuntu it automatically installs openoffice.org-style-human, Kubuntu installs openoffice.org-style-crystal. I'm not sure what the other *buntu's do. So if you had neither you did something weird... ;)

your exactly right,

I had some odd installer issues and part of my version of fixing it was going through synaptic and ridding myself of all things openoffice.

of course nothing worked until i removed the packages in question from the file /var/lib/dpkg/status

Then I re-installed OOo, but the icons did not come with and hence the problem. I never put it all together.