PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] make custom standard user profile

hellum
February 21st, 2009, 01:02 PM
Hy everybody, can someone please tell how I can make an custom standard user profile in gnome? Because I have changed the look and want to make it standard, I hope there is a graphical way.

yeats
February 21st, 2009, 02:41 PM
Do you mind providing a little context here? If you set your desktop defaults to be a certain way, they will remain indefinitely. What do you mean by "standard"? Are you hoping to create more users on your system and you want your personalized profile settings to apply to all other users?

I'm sure whatever you're trying to do is possible somehow. :-)

hellum
February 23rd, 2009, 11:47 AM
I have changed the theme in one account, (also the background and removed the lower bar and replaced it by AWN) and I want to make that the standard user profile, I mean as soon as I make an new account, it has exact the same look as my account now.

Greetz Gerard

yeats
February 23rd, 2009, 11:51 AM
I'm not sure what exactly you need to do, but your Gnome settings live in a hidden directory (maybe more than one) in your home directory. Open Nautilus and look for an option in the menus to "show hidden files/folders" (don't know the exact wording). You could see what is in there that you could port over when creating a new user account.