PDA

View Full Version : business card software

gusjones
February 19th, 2009, 02:38 PM
Does anyone know of any good business card software for Linux?

Peter76
February 19th, 2009, 02:52 PM
glabels . Very nice app; install it through Synaptic or
sudo aptitude install glabels

gusjones
February 20th, 2009, 08:48 AM
Thanks, the software looks like it's just what I'm after. :D

gusjones
February 24th, 2009, 04:23 PM
OK, the software was fit for purpose, mind you I did have to construct a custom template for my paper, which wouldn't have been a problem in itself, except that I had to convert all my margins from mm to inches. Very disappointing and time consuming.

Aaargh! :mad:

Got there in the end though, 1 inch = 25.4mm FYI.

:popcorn:

Peter76
February 24th, 2009, 07:23 PM
Uuuuhm, under edit->preferences you can set your preferred units of measurement and papersize. This also works for the template designer. ( at least here it does ).

Hope this helps next time :-)

SuperIntense
March 4th, 2009, 05:00 PM
I am new and I don't understand how to get the software you are describing. I went to synaptic web site and nothing. What does code mean? I am very interested in learning all about Linux but don't have time to read every thread to get answers

Therion
March 4th, 2009, 05:12 PM
I am new and I don't understand how to get the software you are describing. I went to synaptic web site and nothing. What does code mean? I am very interested in learning all about Linux but don't have time to read every thread to get answers
See that stuff in the code box: "sudo aptitude..." and all the rest?

You use Copy to select all of that code in the box and then Paste it into a Terminal. We use code boxes so you know exactly what to cut and paste and so you don't have to worry about typing it in correctly.

The code in that box will download and install an application called glabels using Aptitude. You could open Synaptic package manager and, using the Search box, search on gLabels and install it that way, but it's often easier to tell someone how to download a package using the Terminal and aptitude, or apt-get, because it's just one line of code instead of having to say, "Click here, do this, click here, then here, do this, click that" etc. etc. etc.

The above string of code translated:

sudo - installing software requires the Super User privileges so we invoke it using 'sudo'...
aptitude - use aptitude to find a package...
install - install the package once you find it...
glabels - the name of the package to find and install.

rasin3
January 2nd, 2010, 02:26 PM
glabels . Very nice app; install it through Synaptic or
sudo aptitude install glabels

thx

kellyflower001
January 13th, 2010, 04:09 AM
Hi, you may try Business Card Designer I used several days ago, it can help us design by DIY, import business card template, add your unique images and draw you ideas on it. You can learn more from Save Big Money on Business Card by DIY , (http://www.softry.com/reviews/business/197-save-big-money-on-business-card-by-diy.html)

This software works well, and it will not waste you time.

kellyflower001
January 13th, 2010, 04:12 AM
Business Card Designer Plus

AlexanderDGreat
February 4th, 2010, 03:56 AM
Isn't Business Card Designer Plus for Windows?

Manufacturer: CAM Development
License Type: Free to try
Price: USD 29.95
File Size: 12.95MB
Platform: OS Required: Windows 2003, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows 2000

Are you a sales guy?

AlexanderDGreat
February 4th, 2010, 04:00 AM
Glabels Tutorials:

http://blog.worldlabel.com/2009/printing-labels-in-ubuntu.html