PDA

View Full Version : Screenshots of Jaunty?

cjnkns
February 14th, 2009, 05:41 AM
I can't seem to find any screenshots of Jaunty!
I do a search and I get screens of Intrepid it seems.

Does anyone know/have a link available?

smartboyathome
February 14th, 2009, 05:45 AM
I don't think much has changed. Heck, on the mailing list, we are still discussing which background should be used. ;)

cjnkns
February 14th, 2009, 05:47 AM
Thanks... I thought I read on a blog somewhere that there was going to be some nifty notification bubbles added. That'd be fun!

gletob
February 14th, 2009, 05:53 AM
Here you are

Twitch6000
February 14th, 2009, 05:56 AM
The main goal of jaunty is speed so theme wise it will still be the same.

Speed Wise however it should be alot faster.

SunnyRabbiera
February 14th, 2009, 05:57 AM
Right now there probably wont be any major in changes of looks just yet from ibex...
But I hope there is a decent theme for the beta's and the RC's, no more clearlooks!!!!

pol666
February 14th, 2009, 06:03 AM
Developers should make new interfaces aplications to desktop,for example, Suse have a own menu.

SunnyRabbiera
February 14th, 2009, 06:06 AM
Developers should make new interfaces aplications to desktop,for example, Suse have a own menu.

No, Ubuntu doesnt need gimmicks like that, besides in my opinion SLAB menu sucks.

phrostbyte
February 14th, 2009, 08:43 AM
I got in on my laptop (which was probably a bad idea), but it's basically pixel for pixel Intrepid. So pop in the Ubuntu 8.10 CD and that's pretty much what you'll get. New wallpaper (and maybe UI) will come later!

TBOL3
February 14th, 2009, 02:45 PM
I was under the impression that Mark wanted to completely redo the theme for Jaunty. I just don't thin we'll see it yet.

Sealbhach
February 14th, 2009, 02:47 PM
Thanks... I thought I read on a blog somewhere that there was going to be some nifty notification bubbles added. That'd be fun!

sabdfl put a video on his blog of the proposed new notifications:

http://www.markshuttleworth.com/

He also wrote this:

Experiments are also not something we should do lightly. The Ubuntu desktop is something I take very personally; I feel personally responsible for the productivity and happiness of every Ubuntu user, so when we bring new ideas and code to the desktop I believe we should do everything we can to make sure of success first time round. We should not inflict bad ideas on our users just because we’re curious or arrogant or stubborn or proud. Despite being occasionally curious, arrogant, stubborn and proud :-)

andrewabc
February 14th, 2009, 03:32 PM
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JauntyReleaseSchedule

February 19th /!\ FeatureFreeze, /!\ ArtworkDeadlineOne

March 5th /!\ UserInterfaceFreeze, /!\ ArtworkDeadlineTwo

March 19th /!\ BetaFreeze, /!\ JauntyArtworkFinalDeadline

Don't expect anything until those dates.

smartboyathome
February 14th, 2009, 04:35 PM
I was under the impression that Mark wanted to completely redo the theme for Jaunty. I just don't thin we'll see it yet.

It was mentioned on the mailing list that the Artwork team at Canonical are just getting used to working there, and are having a hard time even making conference calls. They are trying not to risk putting something bad out, so they are not putting anything out (for now) until the team is organized.

SunnyRabbiera
February 14th, 2009, 05:32 PM
It was mentioned on the mailing list that the Artwork team at Canonical are just getting used to working there, and are having a hard time even making conference calls. They are trying not to risk putting something bad out, so they are not putting anything out (for now) until the team is organized.

well they should get organized and fast, in my Ubuntu has to come up with its own unique look in terms of a theme engine and general look.
This obsession with clearlooks needs to end, I mean come on how many variations of clearlooks do you need before it becomes old and boring?
Clearlooks is fine for debian, debian does not call itself a modern distro like ubuntu does but ubuntu is meant to attract the new user and you cant attract people if you use a dull boring theme such as clearlooks.

Polygon
February 14th, 2009, 05:46 PM
well they should get organized and fast, in my Ubuntu has to come up with its own unique look in terms of a theme engine and general look.
This obsession with clearlooks needs to end, I mean come on how many variations of clearlooks do you need before it becomes old and boring?
Clearlooks is fine for debian, debian does not call itself a modern distro like ubuntu does but ubuntu is meant to attract the new user and you cant attract people if you use a dull boring theme such as clearlooks.

ubuntu doesn't even use clearlooks. they use their own custom made theme called human that is based off the murrine engine.

Bart_D
February 14th, 2009, 06:05 PM
The main goal of jaunty is speed so theme wise it will still be the same.

Speed Wise however it should be alot faster.

Now I'm really looking forward to Jaunty.

I would prefer speed to some silly eyecandy that makes you giggle.[-X[-X[-X[-X

SunnyRabbiera
February 14th, 2009, 06:06 PM
ubuntu doesn't even use clearlooks. they use their own custom made theme called human that is based off the murrine engine.

Not from what I have seen, it certainly looks a lot like clearlooks from my end.

Mr. Picklesworth
February 14th, 2009, 06:23 PM
It /should/ use Clearlooks; that theme engine is awesome. The selected widget highlights are soooo pretty!
(And if you want something a bit more fancy, Unity is great).

SunnyRabbiera
February 14th, 2009, 06:44 PM
It /should/ use Clearlooks; that theme engine is awesome. The selected widget highlights are soooo pretty!

For me clearlooks is too old fashioned if Ubuntu's goal is to attract new users.
Clearlooks is fine on debian as I said but Ubuntu is supposed to be more modern so a more modern engine is needed I feel.

Islington
February 14th, 2009, 06:44 PM

No way. Have you seen murrine svn. pretty and fast. :popcorn:

smartboyathome
February 14th, 2009, 07:57 PM
Not from what I have seen, it certainly looks a lot like clearlooks from my end.

Actually, it uses Murrine-svn. It never went to clearlooks (the variant was made, but the Murrine variant made it as default).