PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Problem with the Graphic driver and Sound driver , Playing WarCraft.

HQNUS
February 13th, 2009, 04:12 PM
Hi, I'm a new guy of ubuntu.
As I am a warcraft lover, so i want to play it on ubuntu, I installed wine and it worked well. But the problem is, when i start war3.exe, the warcraft window jump out, but it's not full screen, the upper and lower is still the toolbar, and i can't touch them. and the characters in the window is not complete. And it can't not go fluently. Also problem with the sound, it is not clear, and there is echo. I think it must be the problem with graphic driver and sound driver.

My graphic driver is Intel GM45 chipset. (Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 07)) And i find the linux version of its driver on Intel web, but after download i found it's .exe document. I used wine to install it, but obviously it doesn't work.

For the sound, I don't know why, cause I can listen to the music well. But it has problem with sound capture, as When I use skype, the other side can't hear me.
My computer is Fujitsu T5010, tablet PC. In fact, I also have problem with my tablet....

Who knows what's wrong ?

Thank you for replying.

johnjohn2
February 15th, 2009, 03:01 PM
www.winehq.com

and submit your question there

Regards John